Chapter seventeen

Theo's PoV

"I'm sorry I put you in danger but I swear, I was there the whole time he woul-" I raise my hand to stop Rick, I place my hand on his cheek. "It's ok, I talked to Rob and Lorcan they explained so there's no need for you to also" I rub my thumb along his bottom lip and see the anxiousness leave him at my words. "Do you forgive me, I hate seeing your poor eye like this. I tried to get to you when he hit you but Lor held me back, it was enough for me to intervene but Lor and Tom wouldn't allow me until that fucker really hung himself, which he did by pulling down your pants. Fuck I feel so useless I promised to keep you safe and now look" he says while gently stroking his fingers over the very sore skin under my eye.

"Can you even see out of it love?" I shake my head no but regret it as he looks  devastated from that answer. I need to stop this "Rick, I'm alright. Now listen to me you did protect me- no Rick don't interrupt- I'm here safe with you and if all I have is a black eye from all of this I don't care. You don't get to feel bad, just imagine how I feel right now, I really believed he had gotten to me. I was so scared Rick but then like my own angel you appeared, do you know how God dame happy I was to see you. No? Well let me tell you, right there in that minute the first and only thought that came to my head was 'he's come for me, the man I love has come to save me from this horrible nightmare'. I know we barely know each other and I know it's too soon but I don't give a shit. I know how I feel and it's not some hero worship because you saved me. I've been in love from day one. I watched you everyday in the lobby, I asked friends and colleagues about you, I needed to know more. Everything I heard just confirmed what I already knew so let me tell you Rick, I love you".

He just looks at me stunned but that's ok, I know that he might not love me yet but one day I'll get him to feel the same for me as I do for him. As he goes to speak I place my finger over his luscious lips and tell him "shh, it's ok, I know your probably not there yet but I think one day we can get there. If you never love me back I'll live with that but for now we can work on it together. Deal?" He pulls me in for a slow, delicious kiss and I know we're on the same page until he looks at me again and says "no, no deal".

I'm disappointed.I just confessed and he doesn't want to "hey, get out of that head of yours and hear me say this again, I love you too" I am the stunned one now, he continues "as I said when you got all negative nelly in your head. No deal because I already love you too. I've never cared for a single person outside my family but I would gladly defend you if it came to an argument between you and my brothers. To some that means nothing but I know you know better because you are like that over your sister and friendship brothers. Am I right?" I nod and then reality hits. He loves me too! I attack him, literally, I jump him and smother his face in kisses. My eye is throbbing, I've had a horrible day but the man I love, my sexy boss man loves me too and I don't think I've ever been happier than I am right now.

"Ok Angel, I'm happy too but I need to take care of you now. Hold this to your eye babe" I do as I'm told and he goes to the TV. He turns on a movie, he removes my shoes and lays me down on the couch, he then places a blanket over me. I get a quick kiss on my lips as he leaves the room. About ten minutes later he comes back with delicious smelling soup and buttered rolls for dipping. He tells me to sit up so I do as he hands me my lunch, we eat whilst watching the movie, it's so peaceful and calm that I can't help but thinking, if he's going to look after me from time to time like this, I'd be a-ok with it. I tap him with my foot and he looks at me "thank you Rick, I love you" his beaming smile is the only answer I get and its the only one I need.