☕Light At The End Of The Tunnel☕

You thought it was over. I made another one-shot for you all just because you're all so supportive and lovely about this book. It's pretty sad, but I promise it's overall touching and fluffy with a good ending. Comment 'Hey Angel' if you're freaking ready. Enjoy the extra chapter.

- LoveLecree

☕  

Harry walked down his home's steps with slow caution. He knew his father was here, and he knew he had been drinking the stuff that mommy drank when she got reckless, but he was thirsty, and he wanted a glass of water. Mommy only gave him pajamas that were meant for summer, so he was extremely cold.

He could see his father knocked out on the couch in the corner of the room, a beer bottle dangling from his hand. The boy sighed in relief that he was in this state, so this way, he could disappear into the kitchen, collect his water, and leave.

This visit was so unexpected. Harry's father never came until the spring. That's why Harry loved the winter so much. He only had to deal with his scary mother.

When his father came earlier, he heard the bellow of his voice before he saw him, and thus, did the routine of closing his door and stuffing a chair under the doorknob. His mother would let his father do whatever he wanted because she was just happy that he returned. Harry knew she'd blame him if his father came up to...Harry didn't even want to say it. He just didn't like Daddy's kisses.

When he made it to the kitchen, he was momentarily shaken to find it pitch black. The dark always frightened him. Even though he was 5 years old, he always told himself that he would have to be brave. He's about half-way to being a grown-up. Grown-ups aren't afraid of the dark.

The boy slowly took steps forward, until his eyes adjusted to the outline of what he thought was the refrigerador in the darkness. As he goes to grab at the handle, the figure jumps at him unexpectedly causing him to scream at the top of his lungs.

"I've got you, you little shit! Darren! I've got him! Wake up, baby, I have him here for you," says what Harry now knows as his mother. He begins to cry and shake out of the firm grip she has on his wrist.

"Mommy no!" he cries. She only tells him to shut up and continues to call out for his father. The man of Harry's worst nightmare instantly wakes up, looking around until his mother turns the light to the kitchen on, revealing them.

"Darren! I found him trying to get you more beer. I knew he was trying to take you from me! I knew he'd be down here, the little slut!"

Harry began to shake and pry his grip away, attempting to explain that he was just thirsty. He should have never left his room.

"Daddy's baby," the man smiles sadistically. "And your curls look so pretty and lovely."

Harry rapidly shakes his head, tears forming in his eyes. "I'm not Daddy's baby! I'm not! I'm not!"

"But you are a slut." His mother grinned and a dark shadow casted over her features. 

"I'm not! I'm not a slut!" Harry didn't even know what that meant, but the way his mother said it with such hatred, he knew it couldn't be a good thing.

"Yes you are. You're Daddy's little slut. Now come give me a kiss, Harry." The boy almost gagged remembering the bitter taste his father carried on his tongue. "Now," he commanded.

Why won't anyone help him? Can't the nice neighbors who give him milk and cookies during the holidays save him? Or the people who pass he and his mom when they went to the supermarket?    

Harry sobbed and shook, closing his eyes and asking, pleading for someone to help him. "Please help me. Please, please- Superman. Help me. Help me, Superman." He chanted the same phrase over and over again, until he could no longer smell Daddy's putrid breath, or feel the firm grip mother had on his wrist.