☕nine☕

Louis' fingers dug into Harry's lower back as he willed his breathing to even, the world boxing him in.

He was afraid of falling, in more ways than one. Afraid of making the leap of faith from the functioning of his brain to the beating of his heart.

Louis was terrifyed, and it finally dawned on him that, though he had the mental capacity that far exceeded that of a normal child, he was still only a little boy. Not quite like Harry, but a little boy nonetheless.

"Did he...did he do anything to you? Like touch you?"

God if that man touched him, or took away his innocence, Louis will kill every last soul sucking leech in this house, he swears to god. The mother would get it the worst.

Harry thankfully shakes his head no. "He fell asleep before he could. But when he wakes up-" Harry gags a little and Louis sits him upright. "I- I don't want him to touch me though. Hands to yourself. Daddy should keep his hands to himself."

Louis couldn't live- couldn't sustain a proper lifestyle without his Harry. It was out of the question.

"He'll be be back tonight. I know he will" Harry croaked, sniffles prohibiting his speech. "I don't wanna lay with him. He didn't learn the hand rule. Tell him the hand rule Louis."

Harry breaks down into loud sobs that have his curls shaking and his body trembling. All Louis can do is sob into his curls and tell him everything he deserves to hear. That it'll be alright. That he's so brave and strong just like Superman and that one day he'll be far away from here just like he wanted. Maybe sooner than he thinks.

"Push the door under your handle," Louis says sternly. "I'll be back soon. Until then, do as I say."

The older of the two shoved the boy forward from him gently. It was time for him to go home, and he needed to punch something, so his wall sounded pretty tempting right then and there.

"Please, don't go."

"Be strong, Haz. Like Superman, yeah?" Louis deserved Harry. That was his boy. His boy needs to be strong. Without another word, he climbs down, ignoring Harry's pleas.

The last thing he hears is a weak 'happy birthday' before the closing of Harry's window punctured through the quiet night.

"I deserve him, he has to learn to conform to the world, the hard way."

It was a bitter back and forth cycle of guilt to satisfaction over what had just occurred that Louis realized just how much a simple little boy could change him in such a way. Louis now slacked off with his studies, read less, wanked more (which is normal for a young teen so he's pretty much in his element), and found himself coping with reality a bit more leniently.

Harry also brought out the kid in him, sharing his dusty forgotten Marvel comic books and getting him into hot chocolate and dreaming and drawing and he held a pure and utter desire for the simpler things in life. If the Louis from last month were to tell him he would soon act this way, he'd laugh and tell them to fuck off. Hey, give him credit. He swore a lot less these days.

Then again, Harry did not have all the necessities that would give him the process of healthily shaping from a boy to a man. But Louis had faith in the lad. Harry was strong and could survive. Right?

Flashes of a frail and helpless little curly-haired boy intruded his thoughts and Louis felt ill. Harry's own flesh and blood father, touching him.

But he was tough! He was pretty. Louis' angel. And angels don't die, not even internally.

But the pictures of Harry's suffering dented the wall he'd built around the perimeter of his heart slowly killed Louis. He was now stood in front of his own house, the building where two police officer's cars were parked outside. Maybe if....