☕five☕

"Only 3 more days left 'til Christmas, Lou" Harry made the attempt at getting Louis to pay attention to him.

It had been an awkward past few days for the little boy as he noticed the lack of Louis visitations. It made it all the more difficult to maintain a smile on his face after his mother brought a new boyfriend over. That only meant that Harry would have a more hopeless day of sulking, cleaning, and eyeing his posted picture of a game boy framed to his wall, the one that he'd stolen from one of the garbage subscription magazines his mother purchased.

But that game boy was all any boy ever had. When his mother bought him a pair of roller skates for his birthday, Harry was overjoyed that not only had his mother remembered her only child was turning 6 that day, but she'd gotten him a pair of sparkly black kind with gold laces, reeking with the smell of new cardboard box. Even if Harry wanted some new clothes or maybe a birthday kiss, he would take what he could as long as it was from his mummy.

When he reached out for them, his mother pulled them away as quickly as she'd given them. Before Harry could even wrap is newly six-year-old mind around the movement, he was pushed to the ground.

"Pathetic," his mother spat. "My son is a fag. What a fucking waste."

Harry had tears blocking his view as his mother forced him to skate with nothing but his torn underwear on down the lane. In the dead of winter. All day long.

To this day, Harry has a fear of skating.

"Hm? Oh yeah, Haz.. That time of year again. Corporate businesses manipulating the young, using the jolly suited white man as a decoy to gain money. The ultimate marketing tool for the fast-moving economy."

Harry had no idea what Louis was talking about, but that didn't matter. Because Louis was reading with his foot dangling off the side of the tree house, reading a book that Harry could never be able to pronounce, all while the sun casts down onto his perfect blue eyes. They sparkled, like car keys, Harry noted. Harry loved the taste of car keys.

Louis felt Harry's eyes on him and turned to meet his culprit.

Harry blushed and looked away. "Maybe I can finally know who Santa is."

The floppy-haired boy rolled his eyes. "What did you think I was just talking ab-"

Harry jumped as Louis covered his mouth, mumbling a quiet "shit". Louis talked too much. He didn't even take note that his rambling was to a little boy. One that could very well possibly believe in Santa.

"Hey, no swearing," Harry reprimanded.

"Never mind that. Harry," Louis motioned him with his hand to approach him. Harry wasted no time rushing to sit- right in Louis' lap. Thanks for the dreams, Harry. Cheers!

"Ooook. Anywho, Santa. Big guy. Gives presents on Christmas. Heard of him, right?"

Harry fidgeted in Louis' lap to get comfortable on Louis' thighs. Louis tapped his nails on the hardwood floor impatiently.

"Yes, Louis. In a comic book, yes. But he never comes to my house. I asked mum why and she said he doesn't visit bad boys. Bad boys have to work for their present."

Louis considered convincing Harry that he's the best kid Louis has ever met, hence why Louis wastes precious reading time hanging out with him, but the message from Anne, Harry's mum, had implanted into her son's brain, Louis knew that'd take years of convincing and psychological healing to ensure.

There had been a level of discomfort that Louis made the mistake of causing resulting in him being very...careful with Harry. He noticed he'd already swore too much and yelled at the boy, knowing Harry went through a Hell of his own in his own damn household. Louis can't do that. Not to Harry. This is the reason he'd let him get away with his childish shenanigans like playing in Louis' hair whilst he reads or begging Louis to kiss his imaginary "boo boos" away. 'Lou Lou, kiss my boo boo!'. Sickening. Sickening, degrading, and Louis definitely didn't do it again for no reason and tickle him afterwards. Absolutely not.

"That why we sell hot chocolates in 10 degree weather, babes?" Louis surprised himself when he began to wrap his index finger through a curl on Harry's head, his favorite book long forgotten.

"Y-yeah."

Louis hums, "What's your favorite superhero, Harry?"

"Definitely Superman, mostly because he can fly." Harry looks out into the world, shaking from the cold. "Sometimes I wish I could fly. I'd fly far far away from here and never look back."

"Not even for me?" Louis asks, a hint of hurt in his voice. "I'd very much miss you if you left me here."

"No of course I'd take you with me, silly." Harry wraps his tiny arms around his friend, Louis' warm lap cocooning him in a warm blanket of comfort. "I just want away from all the bad people."

"They're everywhere, Harry. No matter where you run to, there's always someone lurking behind a corner somewhere ready to strike. That's why angels like you aren't meant for this world. You're too soft." Louis cups Harry's cheek and places a kiss against his temple. Harry was so pure it hurt Louis to know people actually damaged precious flowers like him for their own sick twisted gain.

Harry turns around to face him, body pressed to Louis' tightly as he resumes his previous position with his slender arms around Louis' neck.

"This is nice. I don't know why but...every time I'm with you, I don't feel so scared. Like the monsters can't get me with you."

Louis hums, disguising his whimper. Harry was so beautiful, inside and out. He really loved this boy. This perfectly imperfect boy. They say everything happens for a reason, right? Maybe he was put on this earth at this moment in time for a reason. He wasn't much on religion, but maybe there was a God somewhere that sent Harry down for Louis to protect and in return, to reciprocate his feelings and give him something to wake up for everyday. Maybe this was what love feels like.

Harry's breath labored and he wrapped his legs tighter around Louis' mid-section, not understanding what was going on with his....boy parts..and why it felt so stiff and achey. He pushed it into Louis stomach without meaning to and gasped when he felt a wave of pleasure.

That seemed to bring Louis back to reality enough to make him move aback. "Harry what the f- ah!"

Harry almost didn't catch Louis when he fell 20 feet out of the tree house.