☕eight☕

Louis rubbed the sleep out of his dull blue eyes a descended down his carpeted staircase the next morning. Christmas was nearing, and that meant Louis had less than 24 hours to find a gift for his little Harry.

He hadn't slept much.

His mother had decided to invite her little boy toy to their home for the night and...well...let's just say this was his mother finally teaching him about the birds and the bees.

Harry's mom had left Louis at bit of an undesirable malaise. He'd gotten so angry to the point where he had to get up and write an angry letter, a book, perhaps, with all the words he'd scribbled distastefully. Louis had half a mind to call the police, but he knew that was out of the question.

Settling on cereal for breakfast, he then left a note to his mother telling her he'd be gone the whole day, not that she'd care. It was freezing outside, however, the drive to give his boy what he desired drove Louis on to leave home. And because he didn't want to look his mother in the face with all that she'd yelled the night before in a fit of ecstasy. That can wait another day, thank you very much.

Happy birthday Louis, indeed.

Most would have told Louis to give up his search, as it was the day before Christmas, but Louis was a persistent son-of-a-bitch and he was determined to make Harry's Christmas the best it will ever be.

So, Louis kept a low profile from the police, because he should really be on house arrest, and went to town with his head held high. As the famous Mahatma Gandhi once said, Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Another quote he would share with Harry when he saw him. Along with all the other quotes he'd reveal to him to strengthen him, Louis was certain it'd keep Harry stable and sway him from resorting to anything other than excellence.

Harry deserved nothing less.

"So, let me get this straight....you expect me of all people to be able to give you my brand new, limited edition, Gameboy? I barely know you, Louis."

Maybe it wasn't the best idea asking a favor of Zayn Malik, son of the arcade owner, to just give him his favorite game, but Louis was anything but tenacious, after all.

People always were accused of only wanting to be Zayn's friend for the mere purpose of getting into the arcade for free, since Zayn was a peculiar kid. He was exotic, that was for certain, and his features were really pretty. Louis could definitely see him dating the boy, but he was no Harry and never would be.

See? Louis was already comparing other guys to Harry, so he was past the point of being whipped.

Jesus, just the idea of the little green-eyed penguin made him delirious with want. Not Harry right now, but maybe in a few years or so.

"But it's me birthday, Zayn! You'd turn an old sinner down on his birthday of all days. That's cold. Colder than this weather, Malik."

"And? That has nothing at all to do with me. Like...at all."

"I wouldn't just give you nothing in return, though. Surely there should be something you'd like. Whatever it is, you'll get it within at least a week's notice, I can assure you," Louis found out recently that he was quite charming. Perhaps if he didn't spend so much time with his nose in the books he might learn more new things about himself.

Zayn tapped his finger against his chin as though he was thinking of all the possibilities, the things he could use to his advantage on the situation. Louis shivered as he stood at his front door, wishing he'd hurry the hell up and make a decision.