☕four☕

Louis was suppose to go to the arcade. Somehow, his feet didn't get the memo from his brain and he ended up in front of Harry Styles' door.

"Louis, what are you doing here? It's early," a sleepy Harry tucked his head from the door frame where he hides his lower half on the warmer side to protect himself from the cold air. He rubs his eyes and gives a moan-y yawn before slowly widening them once more. He looked adorable. Louis blames the curls.

What can he say to this? Here he stood at 9 in the morning at his young crushes doorstep, pocket full of change just waiting to be wasted with mind-numbing arcade games, and he had no idea. Was Louis already at the age where he would let his tiny pecker think for him? He wouldn't be surprised. Just standing here looking at Harry's sleep-deprived state is doing things to him. Like he wasn't about to turn 14 in a mere 6 days.

"Uhh...nothing really. Just headed over to the arcade and wanted to see if you'd tag along."

Louis wanted to facepalm himself because in his somewhat perverted moment of weakness he hadn't thought clearly about letting Harry go to the arcade with him. That'd meant just more and more time of him to slowly unravel himself to the boy and he hated when he opened up to people. It's like Harry sucked the adult out of him.

It was too late now, for Harry had slammed the door rushing out a high pitched 'wait here!' and left to dress himself.

Harry had saved up a total of over a hundred dollars and some change from his profits, and his mother had taken most of it without his consent.

"She told me that it was her earnings and that I should be grateful that I'm still breathing for spending money on stupid marsh mellows," Harry revealed to him on their small walk to the arcade. The snow was now gone, but it definitely didn't take the cold with it.

"Did you tell her I bought them for you?"

"No. She doesn't want me to have friends so you don't exist to her."

Louis snarled at the very nerve of that heinous woman putting Harry through life without the basic necessities to be a sociable human. Women. Did Louis mention why he liked men better?

"Did she hit you, Hazza?"

Louis always despised these moments of weaknesses with Harry. He wasn't the affectionate type and normally treated everyone he met with hostility to let them know he isn't, nor will he ever be, a wimp. He is better than most, and that's a fact. It was his defense mechanism after his father left him, and he couldn't afford to grow too attached to people in fear that he'd let them inflict some type of pain on him and yada yada, so he had a heart, OK?

But he just- he just couldn't. Not with Harry could he help but treat him with something as close to love as he could force himself to express aloud. That he knew how.

Harry had enough shit to deal with and if the boy already had help in the push-over department thanks to his "caring" mother, then Louis certainly wouldn't make the effort to do more damage.

"No, not this time," he whispered. "She was smoking so she put the hot part on my hand."

No.....no Harry had to be kidding. There's just no way.....

"Let me see," Louis spoke with authority making Harry roll up his sleeve to reveal to him the scathy mark. It was in the shape of a small circle that Louis recognized instantly.

"See, right there. It doesn't hurt anymore but the mark never faded."

Louis' heart clenched, which was new for him so he almost assumed he was dying, pausing himself in mid-walk to bend over. That mark will never fade.

"Lou are you OK?" Harry asked, tugging Louis' face down to his. There eyes met and Louis could see the diamonds slither to a worried expression. "Should I give you.....mouth to mouth? I saw it on tv!"

The older forced an intake of breath and clutched his chest, striding back at once with anger coursing through him.

"You're so fucking....why do you do this to me? Why do you let her do this to you?" he yelled shoving the boy lightly. "You get me all angry and I lose my impressive vocabulary and you just say anything and you make me feel dirty because I almost wank to a broken fucking kid and- and...stop letting her do this to you! Fight back, Harry. You've got to fight back! Don't let people walk all over you. It's all they're ever good for....."

"Louis stop. P- please. You're scaring m- me," Harry coward, shocked by Louis' rant- to which he didn't know half of what the older said- and Louis' reddened exterior.

The boy allowed himself to take a better breath and counted backwards from ten. "Gosh Harry I'm s- so sorry. Hey come on. Don't cry. I- I don't know what just came over me."

His normal, rationally colder side would have made Harry go away so he could vent to himself and take his anger out on his studies, but this was his Harry, and he was certain the boy was the only thing in this world that loved him unconditionally.

"Here, let's go to the arcade. My treat. Calm down," he pulled Harry into his chest to hug his shaky friend and wipe his tears, knowing he had to have triggered something for him to react this frighteningly.

"Love you, Lou," he whispered, cheeks flaming and smile broadening.

"Love you too, Haz. More than you realize."

And if he had to hold Harry's hand and kiss the cigarette mark several times to get Harry to forgive him, not to mention apologize for swearing, then nobody had to know. He'd do it again if he had to.