Chapter IV: The Dragon of the Old Realm

It has been hours since the AA-ranked Celestial Beast had entered the camp. All the guards and functions positioned for an all-out attack.

"Why isn't the damned beast moving?!" One of the functions asked. It was obvious he was trembling in fear. I mean, who wouldn't be? Even I myself am uncertain how things would unfold or if I could even stand a chance against this powerful creature.

"Sssshhh.." Train silenced his men. "Listen carefully."

There was a faint cracking sound coming from the beast. But then it would be replaced by a sloppy but faint crash.

What could the beast be breeding in there?

Then for a moment, there was silence. The guards waited in anticipation as the spider bobbed out of the crater. And moments later, all hell broke loose.

An army of hatchlings emerged from the crater and began to attack the guards. While the hatchlings were only "attacking" us, the Celestial Beast had other intents.

It casted a thick string of web that enveloped the soldiers. She then proceeded to mutilate her scaptives with her long sharp legs. It was a gruesome sight. But the events that followed were even more traumatizing. With it's long and hairy pincers, it began to lure the mutilated bodies into it's mouth. And seconds later, she was chewing them off,

Train was performing a magnificent feat against the hatchlings. I marvelled at how fast he was able to slash numerous hatchlings with his claws. It was like he had entered a frenzy and was starting a mass slaughter.

I have to get in on the action too.

I gathered all my energy and dashed off to where the Celestial Beast was. Again,she was busy feasting on the guards and prisoners when I slammed my fists into it's body.

The thick leathery hide of the spider repelled my attack and I was forced to put some distance.

The beast then turned it's attention to me.She had hundreds of eyes, all screaming death.

Again she released another of her web tricks but this time, her web bursted into a thousand sharp strings headed for me. While I was able to dodge some, most of them came stabbing into my entire body.

The pain was excruciating but fortunately, I cannot die. But I am now also immobile. I cannot move either of my legs and the strings of web were still attached to my body.

Then the Celestial Beast began to reel in her kill. I,m about to become spider poop. But before I can be swallowed by this hungry creature, Train came crashing into my captor.

"Just in the nick of time." Train remarked.

The Celestial Beast then made a screeching cry. I felt a very powerful energy surging within the beast. The ground beneath her began to tremble and her eyes began to glow a color of blue.

I turned to look at Train and I saw another "weird" scene.

A whirlwind of colors were surrounding him. It seemed like he was undergoing some sort of transformation . His skin became scaly and his eyes glistened like the sun in the day and the moon at night. It looked like a painful transformation. As if, every part of him is being ripped and torn apart. Large horns grew out of his temple and his claws were longer than ever.

Train let out a loud and ancient roar as he was engulfed in blue flames. His body lengthened into a snake-like form and before I knew it, there lay a silver dragon in all it's magnificence and glory.

He was about 20 feet long and quickly engaged on the Celestial Beast.

The ensuing fight between the Celestial Beast and the newly transformed Train caused a great deal of destruction. I had to gather all the wounded and the remaining guards in a safe spot where I had erected a small barrier. The barrier proved to be effective in protecting the powerless.

Once again I turned my head to the fight between Train and the huge spider. Dragon Train coiled his body around the beast and began to maul at it's captive. But the Celestial Beast emitted a toxic gas out of it's mouth which caused Train to release the spider. The spider then shot a string of very sharp web at Train but Train countered it by breathing fire out of his mouth. The huge spider now looked desperate to kill it's opponent. It let out a loud screeching noise as it charged towards Dragon Train. It's hundred eyes glowing bright red.

But Dragon Train just stood still. Anticipating the spider's move. I could feel the energy that swirled around Train. Smoke came out of his leathery nostrils and he immediately dashed towards the spider. His movement was so fast, a normal person would have never caught sight of him. Everyone was surprised to see the Celestial Beast convulsing in the ground. Train had used the energy around him and turned himself into a spear of pure energy piercing through the Celestial Beast's body.

The Celestial Beast, in it's dying breath, let out a loud cry. It echoed throughout the place, lingering in our eardrums. It sounded terrifying, ominous, like a warning that something bad is about to happen.

Then the Celestial Beast dissipated into nothing.

We were supposed to be safe for the time being, but why do I have a bad feeling about everything around here. Am I the only one feeling this?

Train, still in his dragon form, flew around the camp, or what's left of the camp. The tents were all destroyed, and lots of dead bodies were scattered all over the place.

"Is it safe?" I heard one of the prisoners ask and only then would I realize that I still had the barrier up.

"Yeah. I guess so" I turned to the prisoner who asked. "For now, I think."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took me a lot of weeks to finish this chapter. I blame myself for the lack of motivation and inspiration..

Again, as always, I am sorry for the errors I have made in this chaoter. I'll try to re-read the chapter and correct my mistakes when I have the time.

Thank you for reading, if you like my story, please take time to vote for it and add it to your reading list.. :)

oh, you can also follow me if you like :D

that's all , thank you guys,

Watch out for the next chapter, I'll try to finish it as soon as I can..