Violet

Zendaya as Violet>
Steven R. McQueen as Matt>
~
3 years after the epilogue

"Violet you have a present at your desk" my coworker, Kaitlin, said.

I've been working with her since Matt and I moved here, which was about a year and a half ago.

I quickly walked to my desk assuming Matt sent me flowers like he usually did once every two weeks, but when I got there it was much better then flowers.

Matt was sitting in my chair rocking the blue baby carrier that was set on my desk.

"Hey baby" Matt said when he saw me.

"Hey" I said quickly kissing him then turning my attention to my five month old baby boy, whose eyes were wide open.

"Hi, baby" I cooed while taking him out of his carrier.

He gurgled as I rocked him in my arms.

Cade was a pleasant surprise after having a very fun birthday celebration, but he was my pride and joy.

I loved him to death.

"He's been really fussy today" Matt told me and I smiled before kissing Cade's chubby cheek.

Matt was a stay at home dad for the time being while I was a social worker which didn't pay a ton but my dad helped me out.

I got in contact with my dad when I found out I was pregnant. I wanted him to know his grandson and I wanted Cade to know his grandpa. My mom was a little apprehensive about me talking to him again but she's slowly getting used to it.

Honestly, I saw my dad more then my mom.

All the sudden Cade started squirming and making the noises that signaled he was about to cry so I sat down and rocked him. As I rocked him I ran my index finger down his cheek which usually calms him, it did and within five minutes he was asleep. I slowly got up and put him back in his carrier.

"Thank you for bringing him" I told Matt and he nodded before pulling his arm from around his back and presenting me with a single white rose.

"I figured Cade was better than flowers but I couldn't break tradition" I quickly kissed him.

"I love you" I said and he smiled.

"I love you too" and right on cue my phone started ringing.

I answered it while Matt grabbed all of Cade's things. Once everything was gathered he leaned down and kissed my cheek and brought Cade up so I could kiss him goodbye.
~
Once work was over and gathered all my things and left.

I got in my car and drove home.

When I parked my car at my house I saw a familiar car sitting in my driveway. I gathered all my things and walked into my house.

When I walked in I set all my stuff down and went into the living room.

"Hi dad" I said immediately and he stood up and came to hug me even though Cade was in his arms.

I felt Cade squirm in between us so we broke apart and my dad handed me Cade who immediately started playing with my necklace.

"What's up?" I asked once we sat down.

"Nothing I just wanted to come visit you and Matt and of course Cade. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever" it had only been about a month.

"Dad seriously why are you here?" I asked and he looked at his fingers.

"I didn't want to be by myself" I looked at him confused.

"Where's Annabelle?" I asked.

"She's with her mother this weekend and I don't know...it's weird being at the house with no one there" I nodded.