Sky

Sky (Chloe Mortez)>
~
2 years after epilogue

I took another swig from my bottle of rum and danced around with my friends in our condo that we all stayed at in Italy.

We were celebrating my 22nd birthday.

"Sky come on we're going outside to smoke" my best friend Levi said.

I smiled at her before setting my rum bottle down.

I followed her out on to the deck that was surrounded by trees and big potted plants since we liked our privacy.

I quickly found a seat on one of our comfy chairs.

We all sat outside smoking, mostly illegal stuff, for about a half hour before I decided to go in and finish my bottle of rum.

I knew that doing what we all were doing was against the rules and we could easily get kicked out of our program for doing it but I really didn't care.

I was kind of getting homesick so to forget about it I had just been partying a lot.

I had just taken my last shot of rum from the bottle when my phone lit up and showed my moms face. I rushed to get to my room away from all the noise and drinking.

I slammed my door and locked it before jumping on my bed and answering her FaceTime.

"Hi baby girl" she said with a giant smile and I saw my little sister in her arms.

I've only met Arianna once but I loved her.

"Hi mom" I said with a sad smile.

I missed her like crazy and I just wanted to go home.

"What's wrong?" She asked obviously noticing my sadness.

"I miss you" I said getting a little choked up.

"Aw baby girl cheer up. It's your birthday!" She said cheerfully while holding up Arianna and showing me the little shirt she was wearing.

It said "Happy Birthday big sis".

I smiled at her and she giggled.

"What about Bradley?" I asked.

"I got a shirt that says Happy Birthday big bro" I laughed at that.

"Did your dad contact you?" She asked all the sudden.

"No" I said.

I hadn't talked to my dad in a year or so.

"Okay" she looked worried.

"Mom I'm gonna go because it's late here" she nodded in understanding.

"I love you" I said.

She smiled before replying with I love you too.

I ended the FaceTime and plugged my phone into its charger and drifted off to sleep while my party kept going on.
~
10:30am
I rolled over when my alarm went off.

I had a slight headache and my throat hurt a little.

I didn't have anything to do today but I still keep on a sleep schedule.