1

Brendon's POV

"Do you really need another one of those?" Sarah looks me over with narrowed eyes. She's probably right. I don't need another shot of Jameson. It's only 8:30. People should be arriving soon and yet here I am, already mostly drunk before anyone even gets here.

The sober man inside of me says to listen to his wife and pour the shot back into the bottle, but sober me isn't really in control right now. Drunk me is. And drunk me is saying to smash that shot without another thought. So I do.

"Just one more and then light beer the rest of the night." I say as the burning sensation hits the back of my throat. Sarah rolls her eyes but I don't care. She doesn't know how hard tonight is for me. She doesn't know the memories I have to drink away. She doesn't know the half of it.

Sarah's lips press against my cheek and leave a spot of nude lipstick. "Have fun with the boys tonight. I'll be back at around two tomorrow okay?" I nod and she grabs her keys from the counter. Her dark hair bounces as I watch her head towards the door. Her and I decided that she would spend the night with Linda, giving me a chance to spend some much needed time with just the guys. We all need a break, and this party is the perfect chance to get away, even if it's only for the night. I love her for understanding that. "And bren? Try not to get too shit-faced tonight okay?" She smirks at me, knowing full well I plan on doing just that.

"No promises." I chuckle, biting at my lower lip. "Have fun with Linda babe. I love you."

"Love you too." She says happily, before walking out of the door and closing it behind her.

I sigh softly, running my hands through my hair as I look over at the clock on the microwave. 8:45. Damn, people would be getting here soon.

The playlist was perfect. A bit of queen, a dash of David Bowie, and just a few old panic songs to get the memories flowing. I'm excited to hear old stories from ten years ago.

10 years. 10 years was a long time.

***

Ryan's POV

10 years was a long time. A very long time. A lot had happened in those 10 years that has led me to where I am now.

10 years ago my old band and I released an album called A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. The album contained themes of alcoholism, promiscuity, and a hint of irrefutable cockiness. Since then, I lost my dad to alcoholism, let my best friend slip into alcoholism, and lost one of the greatest loves I've ever known due to my own sheer and, you guessed it, irrefutable cockiness. And now here I am, standing outside of the house that was owned by that one love and his new wife.

Weird how time changes things, huh?

The music could be heard from the streets. The lights inside were dimmed, but just bright enough that I could see the shadows of my past ready to haunt me once again. I could see him in there, his arm slung around his new guitar players shoulder, his head was thrown back in laughter, and his body shook as he let the joy spill out of him.

Brendon Urie had always been beautiful, time could never change that.

I can feel my chest shaking with anxiety, but I quickly suck in a breath and push my body towards the door. Why did I ever let Jon talk me into coming tonight?

Spencer isn't coming, for obvious reasons. Brent isn't coming either, but that's only because no one invited him. He wants nothing to do with any of us after we called him unprofessional and practically ruined his chances of ever getting into another band. I can't exactly blame him for hating all of us.

I bring myself to Brendon's door, knowing fully what will probably happen tonight. It will be a repeat of the last time I saw Brendon. There will be a few awkward exchanges, and then we will go our separate ways, as if we never meant anything to each other. Just like last time.

I slowly raise my hand to the doorbell and press it with the tip of my finger. Footsteps fall to the door, and then it's open, and he's there in front of me, as gorgeous as ever.