18

"What are you doing here?" Ryan asks, leaning against the now empty door frame. Fuck, his eyes are so red. He must have been crying nonstop. I hate myself for making him cry.

"I came to talk to you." I answer simply, pushing my hands into the pockets of my jeans. It was the truth. I came to talk. I just had no clue what to say.

"There's nothing to talk about." He says dismissively.

"Oh really? Because if there was nothing to talk about then why the hell did you talk to a reporter this morning?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. What did he think I would do? Let it go, move on as if I never read the interview? Hell no.

"So you saw that..." He sighs, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Of course I saw that." I can't help but chuckle. "The whole world saw that."

His eyes perk up when he hears me laugh. "So you're not mad?" He asks, eyebrows raising and voice lifting.

"Of course not. I mean..." I sigh, shrugging my shoulders gently. "The world was going to find out eventually."

"Did Sarah read it?" He asks. I just nod, biting my lip gently. "Was she mad?"

"Pissed." I breath out a sad chuckle. "But she was madder when I told her about last night."

Ryan let's out an audible gasp, and fuck, it's really cute. His eyes go wide at the realization that I remember what happened last night and instead of keeping it to myself, I told Sarah. "What did she say?"

"Not much really. She was more upset than mad that I cheated on her but she.... She knows why I did it."

"And why is that?" Ryan asks, and I can swear I see the faintest smile pull at his lips.

"Because I love you. And I couldn't make myself stay away from you. So... I did the only logical thing there was to do." Ryan's eyes scan my face, anticipating what was coming next. His eyes were shining with a hope that I hadn't seen in a very long time. "I left her. I asked for a divorce because really there's only one person I want to be with for the rest of my life and it's not her."

"Bren, I..." He shakes his head but quickly shuts up when I hold my hand up to stop him.

"Don't. Don't try to tell me to go back to her. Don't try to tell me id be better off with her." I step closer to him. "Don't do it Ryan, because there's no way I'm ever going back." I manage to smile at him. "Because I love you and only you and I'm never going to give you up again. I'm not going to stand by and let you walk out of my life like you did all those years ago. I'm not going to let you slip away, do you get that? I'm here, and even if you say you don't want to ever be with me again, I'll still be here, because I can't stand the thought of losing you again. Even if I'm forced to just sit around and watch you find love that isn't with me, I'll still be here, waiting for you. Because I'm in love with you and I--"

"Brendon?" Ryan interrupts me, pulling me out of the ramble slipping through my lips.

"Hmm?" I hum, looking up at him.

"Just shut the fuck up and kiss me already." He whispers, licking his lips as he waits for the incoming kiss.

Within seconds my fingers are in his hair, pulling him down so my lips can crash into his. His hands fall to my hips, pulling me into him as our lips dance around each other's.

When we pull apart I find myself wanting more. I can't seem to get enough of Ryan, and by the darkness in his eyes, I know he can't get enough of me either. "I love you..." He whispers, leaning his forehead against mine. "And I'm in. I want to be with you." His thumb brushes against my cheek, making my lips tug into a smile. "It's going to be hard, you know that right?"

"I know, but I'm ready for it." I answer quickly, my fingers running through his chocolate locks.

"So ask me." He whispers, biting at his lower lip in nervous anticipation.

I can't help but breath out a chuckle before asking, "Ryan Ross, will you be my boyfriend?"

It feels like forever before I hear him say "hell yes."