3

Tequila probably wasn't the best choice for a shot. I was already pretty buzzed but after doing one I could feel the alcohol warming my entire body. In a matter of seconds, drunk Brendon would be in full control. I needed to stop drinking now, before I--

"You're doing tequila shots without me?" A voice behind me says sadly. When I turn around I see Ryan, his bottom lip poking out slightly as he looks over the empty shot glass on the table.

"You can always join us for the next one." I say with a soft smile. Another one? Why was I saying I was open to doing another one? I silently blame Ryan's pouty lips.

"Line them up Urie." He says with a chuckle. His eyes watch as I pour two more shots, as I begin to pour the third, Dan quickly tells me he's had enough and walks away before I can force him into it. smart guy.

I sigh gently and set out our lime slices before taking my shot glass in hand. "You're forgetting something." Ryan all but whispers into my ear. I watch as his long fingers snake around a salt shaker. He takes my hand and looks around before bringing it to his lips and running his tongue across it. He must see my eyes go wide because he quickly lays salt on the wet stripe and let's my hand fall back down before doing his own salt. "Old habits die hard... Sorry." He mumbles, cheeks red with embarrassment.

"It's okay..." It was more than okay. The feeling of Ryan's tongue against my skin ignited something inside me that I haven't felt for a very long time. It made my skin tingle.

"Let's just do the shot okay? One....." We both lick the salt off of our hands. "Two..." We clink our glasses together and throw them back down our throats. "Three." We grab the lime slices and stick them between our lips, sucking at them until the burning in the back of our throats dies down.

"Just like old times." I laugh as I pat Ryan on the back. He let's out a soft laugh as well and nods in agreement. "Remember when you used to take them off me?" My drunken state let's that one slip, but Ryan doesn't seem to mind. He just shrugs and looks me over.

"That was because most of the time it got you really sexually frustrated." He smirks, letting his bottom lip catch between his teeth. "Body shots meant hot sex in the bathroom stalls nine times out of ten." He's drunk. I can tell because if he wasn't, he wouldn't be letting these memories slip. Drunk Ryan was always super open, sober Ryan, not so much. "You used to be so much fun Bren."

"Used to be?" I say, raising my brow at him. "I'm still fucking fun."

Ryan rolls his eyes at that and looks out into the living room. I follow his eyes and see Kenny and Dallon in the corner. Dallon is sipping on a dr pepper and Kenny keeps checking his phone for the time. Zack is watching us both with narrowed eyes and Jon is on the phone with his wife, asking how his daughter is doing. "Come on, you and I both know this party is lame...." Ryan let's out. He's right. It is lame.

"We're older now. People don't party like they used to." I say with a sigh.

"I do." He smirks, looking me over. "And I have the feeling that you would too if you hadn't settled down with mrs 'I have a smoothie every morning to keep me healthy!'"

"There's nothing wrong with drinking smoothies." I grumble. Sarah was amazing, but Ryan was right. She wasn't adventurous anymore. We had both settled down into a boring life where we talk about city laws being passed and the new peaches they just got at Trader Joes. Things used to be different. I miss it.

"We used to make fun of people for doing shit like that." He mumbles in my ear. "Dont you get bored? I know I would. You're just... You're getting old and boring Bren."

"I am not boring. I can have a good time." I practically growl.

"Prove it then."

"Maybe I will."