6

The cement underneath us was cold, and probably extremely dirty, but neither Ryan nor I cared all that much. What mattered was the conversation I was having, and the tears that were trickling down my cheeks. What mattered was the emotions I was feeling for the first time in years.

"You were the love of my life Ryan... You were the person I was supposed to be with for the rest of my life but then... Then you just left."

"You broke up with me Brendon..." He almost scoffs, looking at me with narrowed eyes "what was I supposed to do? Stay and watch you fall in love with someone else?" He sighs gently, running his fingers through his hair.

"I figured it was just a break. I thought we would make up like we always did and I...." I let out a sigh, fiddling with the ring on my finger. "And then a few days later you told Pete you and Jon were quitting the band. And then you left."

"I knew what was happening Bren. You met Sarah and I could feel everything falling apart between us. You were falling for her and I...." He sighs, looking down at his feet. "I couldn't take it... I couldn't deal with the rejection."

"I would have never rejected you." I say, looking up at him with teary eyes. It's only then that I see he's crying too. His bright amber eyes are bloodshot with tears. His cheeks are puffy and his bottom lip is quivering, like he's on edge of a total break down.

"But you did!" He almost screams. "You broke up with me over one little fight and you left me all by myself while you were in the process of falling in love with somebody else. How the fuck was I supposed to take that Brendon? Was I supposed to laugh it off or be completely fine with it?"

"No I just...."

"You just what Brendon? You broke my heart. And then you cut me off. And married a fucking fan..." He sighs, looking away from me quickly.

"I never loved her the way I loved you..." I say quickly, making Ryan turn back to face me. I would never say this if I weren't drunk, but I knew it was true. Ryan was the love of my life. Time couldn't change that.

He sighs and shakes his head gently, wiping his tears away quickly. "Well then I guess that's our closure."

"No..." I shake my head, before grabbing his hand and leaning in to press a soft, fast kiss to his lips. "There's our closure." I smile gently, standing up and almost falling to the ground, but Ryan quickly get to his feet to help me. The laugh that falls from his lips could trick anyone into thinking he hadn't just been crying over our break up six years ago.

"I usually don't fall when I try to stand..." I chuckle along with Ryan, leaning into his side.

"I know Bren." He smiles, looking around and smirking when he spots something. I follow his gaze and smirk as we see a metal shopping cart. Probably one that once belonged to a homeless person, but neither of us really seem to mind.

Within minutes I'm in the shopping cart, Ryan pushing me down the street as I smoke another cigarette and scream at the top of my lungs. This is fun. This is like a roller coaster. But like, way less loops and a lot more back pain. But it's fine!

Ryan's laugh can be heard up and down the streets. I have a feeling he's laughing at the fact that my hands are up and I hiccup every time we hit a bump in the road.

"You're still insanely ridiculous Brendon." He giggles, purposely swerving the cart.

I see people watching us, but I don't mind. I quickly flip them off as they snap pictures of us. "SUCK A DICK!" I scream out as we pass by, making Ryan absolutely erupt in laughter.

"I stand corrected. You're just insane." He smirks down at me.

I look up at him with a small smile and shrug gently. "Seasons change but people don't."

"Alright Pete Wentz, we have a pit stop to make."