Heading Out

Chapter 4: Edited

Pipers POV

"Sooo..." I said, glancing apprehensively around the room.

Percy had just called an emergency meeting, and I, along with basically everyone, had no clue why. Everyone, even Annabeth, looked confused, aside from Percy and the magicians, who just seemed...sad. If Percy didn't even tell Annabeth before us, it must be really serious, seeing as Percy and Annabeth have been through literal hell together. Something that big scares me.

I noticed all the magicians trying to keep control their emotions, Sadie most of all. She was trying very, very hard to hide her sadness, and I could feel her about to break down. Ugh, stupid Aphrodite emotion powers! I must have spoken aloud, because everyone was suddenly staring at me.

"Erm... hi?" I said, probably sounding like an idiot

"Piper, are you ok?" Asked Jason, worry evident in his voice.

"Yah, I just zoned out, no need to worry." I responded.

"Alright." Jason said uncertainly

"Ok, now that we have everyone's attention-thanks Piper, by the way-" I felt my cheeks heat up a little. "I think the magicians should explain something to you." Percy said, whilst pointing at the magicians

"W-we know what part of the prophecy means." Sadie's voice cracked a little, and every one looked surprised. Sadie was such a strong girl and seeing her so weak, well, I think it shocked all of us.

"Which part?" Annabeth asked carefully

"About following the ice, the frost the cold and the snow." Sadie was obviously tying to pull herself together.

"How?" Frank asked.

"I had a dream." Sadie stated, and everyone in the room collectively winced. All demigods-and apparently magicians-understood how awful dreams could be.

Sadie started explaining more and more about her dream and I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. I know she would probably kill me if I said that out loud, but I know what it's like to almost lose family, and this Felix kid seemed really important to the magicians.

I snapped back to attention as Sadie concluded her with, "So that's it."

"Well, at least we know one more part of the-" Annabeth started, but immediately noticed her mistake, like I had.

Sadie already looked angry before, but at the beginning of that sentence, she looked down right murderous. "HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM?!" She shouted. "YOU TALK ABOUT THIS AS IF THIS IS A GOOD THING!"

"That's not-" Annabeth started, but Sadie kept going.

"I JUST WATCHED AN IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE GET KIDNAPPED, AND YOU'RE TALKING AS IF THIS IS A GOOD THING!!!" Sadie growled and lunged at Annabeth. Sadie's boyfriend, Walt, literally had to pick her up, kicking and screaming, and carry her out, while the other two magicians followed.

"So, that just happened." Percy said after a few minutes, obviously trying to diffuse the tension building in the uneasy silence that followed Sadie's breakdown.

"You don't think Sadie's the foe, do you?" Jason nervously asked.

"No, she was just mad and distressed. She obviously suppressing her emotions, and when you suppress them, they build up, until you just can't hold and have an even bigger explosion." I explained.

"Besides," Hazel said. "It wouldn't make since for her to work for the people who took her friend."

"What if they're threatening her?" Jason pointed out.