Chapter 6

Reid's POV

"It's them. It's all of them," I say rushing into the room. "The Conners' kids are on a vendetta that started when their parents died. They're going after those whom they think have wronged them. Alex isn't involved. He knows what is siblings are up to but doesn't feel the responsibility like the others. He keeps them safe by tampering evidence though because he had no idea Ashley was alive. He knows not to get involved because of this trait everyone refers to as family intelligence."

"We need to go after them," Morgan said.

"No," Hotch argued, "She's not back yet and maybe she already knows. Someone needs to go with her to their house."

"I'll go with." I volunteered.

Angie came rushing in crying. "He's been shot! My husband! The killer got him."

She wailed loudly. Ashley walked in clearly confused. "Reid, Conners go confront. We'll stay here," he looked directly at me, "Call if you need back up."

I nodded and headed for the SUV. I got into the driver's seat and we headed off.

"Where are we going?" She asked confused.

"To confront the killers."

"With no back up?"

"We'll be fine," I reassured her.

We pulled up to the address and she stared at me. "It can't be them," she shuttered, "I know them. Yet I understand how it can be."

We hooped up and walked to the door. I knocked. "FBI! Open up." The door slowly creaked open. She nodded and we walked in.

Hotch's POV

"Is he gone?" I asked Mrs. Adams.

"No, he's still here but barely. Whoever went after him must've thought he was gone because he has the AC carved into him. He's still out back. That's where we found him. The paramedics said he has not enough left in him to get him to the hospital." She cried.

"Mrs. Adams, may we please see him. He may have information on whomever attacked him," Rossi asked her. She nodded and walked us out. In the back alley were several paramedics, the officers, and the remaining Adams children. I bent down next to Mr. Adams—his chest slowly rose up and down.

"Chief Adams, can you tell me anything about who did this?" I asked him.

"She did it. I knew about it. She said I knew too much—that I had already figured enough out," he looked at everyone around him. "I guess she got away because she's not here."

Then his head fell to side and he was gone. I looked at the team knowing we were in trouble.

Reid's POV

I walked into the living room to see every Conners kid there. I knew at that moment along with the feeling of a gun against my head that this was a trap. "It was you."

I could hear her smile. "Just for that one. Well soon to be two."

"Why?" Even though I already knew the answer, I bothered to ask.

"Family intelligence. My guess is that the BAU is already on the way better make this quick. You never betray family Reid."

She pulled the trigger and I heard a shot fired.

So it's been a while. I planned on ending it with the last chapter but after watching the new criminal minds episode with Aubrey Plaza I decided to finish this story. One more chapter after this