Chapter 7

If you want to overcome the world, overcome yourself. —Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Reid's POV

I wasn't dead. The shot didn't come from her gun. I saw Ashton, Adam, Anna, and Austin put their hands up. Andy, Aaron, and Alex weren't around. I turned around to see Hotch and Morgan standing by the door. JJ was bent down next to Conners. I don't know which one of them shot her but they didn't kill her, which was a good thing.

The cops came around and handcuffed them all. They were in it together. As we walked out the door,the other kids arrived home. Rossi walked over and cuffed Andy. JJ walked Aaron and Alex to an SUV where Rossi had already climbed into. I climbed in one along with Hotch and Morgan.

"How'd you know she was in on it?" I asked.

"The chief gave the clue through his final breath. He had looked at us and said she got away because she wasn't there. We hurried as quickly as we could," Morgan answered.

We arrived at the station and headed into the conference room where Garcia was. She got up and hugged me. "I'm glad you're okay."

What was left of the Adams family stood there watching the Conners, excluding Aaron and Alex, come in in cuffs. Aaron and Alex stopped at the family and looked at them apologetically. Angie hugged them. Matthew gave her look but took it back as soon as it appeared. I think he realized that even though they may or may not have known about what their siblings were doing, they didn't commit any of the killings and were minors.

We went back to the conference room and began to pack up. A bit later Matthew walked in.

"They've all confessed," he said. "Austin admitted to killing Michael because he loved Sara. Ashton killed Martin because he was abusing Marie. Anna killed Marie out of jealously. Adam admitted killing Alec because apparently he approached him one day and harassed him. That was some years back, right before our falling out.

"He killed Riley too. He said he was told to. Finally Andy admitted killing Mandy because she beat him up for encouraging Jason to pursue his dream. Andy also admitted that Ashley orchestrated it all contacting them a little over a year ago. We're thinking she told Adam to kill Riley. Otherwise her only kill was the Chief and that was because he figured it out and approached her."

"She didn't want to get her hands dirty and just blame it on her siblings," Hotch said. "They figured that out ahead of time so they left the calling card."

"What's going to happen to Aaron and Alex?" JJ questioned.

"We talked to them and legal services," Matthew started. "Aaron admitted he figured something was going on when Mandy died because Andy was shakey and had finally stopped coming home beaten and bruised. He was too scared to admit anything though. Then Alex heard them talking the other day after he told them Ashley was back.

"Legal services decided that since they had no involvement that they'll stay under my mom's custody. When they turn 18, they'll have to submit to some tests to I guess prove they won't do anything like their siblings. I don't think they will though. Aaron plans on heading to Spain when he graduates. Alex has some time but I know he won't do anything like that. I can see him going to the academy either in Augusta or Quantico."

"I hope they do well in life," JJ added.

He nods and then looks at me. "She wants to see you before she goes. I hope you get something out of her because all we got was about my father."

I followed him to the interrogation room she was in. She smiled when I sat down in the chair opposite. "I was afraid you had already left."

"Close but not yet."

"So did you know before or after we walked in?"

"Before," I admitted. "I didn't know how you were involved until we got here and talked to people. You need to learn to hide it better and maybe wait to join the team after the case has passed."

She chuckled. "Thanks for the advice. My plan was perfect even with the timing. You were the unknown figure. I hadn't planned for you. You ordered the background check and then had the preppy tech come here when she found nothing on the family."

"Actually, JJ ordered her here. I only asked for a check," I corrected.

She rolled her eyes. "Doesn't matter. You think too much which is bad thing for someone who is afraid of the place they frequent."

"You get used to it eventually but you'll always hate it." She stayed silent just nodding. "I need to leave but I have a final question."

"Family intelligence," she answered. I didn't have to ask it. "I wanted to prove we were the smartest and the best. I am the best. You can go. Maybe I'll see you in court. Till fate brings us together again Reid, I bid you good bye."

She smiled as I walked out. The team and a few others stood there. We walked off. Angie was at the door with Alex, Jake, and Aaron. "Thank you for everything," she said.

"We're sorry too," Aaron and Alex apologized.

"It's okay. Just do what's right for the rest of your lives," JJ replied. They nodded and we went back to Quantico.

Family Intelligence is finally over. It didn't come out exactly how I wanted it to but I finished I think it ended well. I hope you all enjoyed it and it didn't disappoint too much. Check out my other works and works to come. Thanks for the support on it all. I love you guys.

Alena