Chapter 3

Morgan's POV

We got out of the car and walked into the crime scene. The body was still in the car." Could you excuse me agents," Chief Adams said." I think Deputy Adams can help you but he'll be in bad shape too."

" Of course Chief," I said. Chief Adams walked away. We walked towards the car and a younger version of Chief Adams came foreword." You must be Deputy Matthew Adams. I'm Agent Morgan and this is Dr. Conners."

" What the hell are you doing here," Matthew asked Dr. Conners." This is your fault. It's your fault he's dead."

" No need to blame things," I said.

He didn't listen." This is because of you. He's dead because of you. If you loved him you wouldn't have pushed him out and he would be alive," he turned to me." Over here."

In the car was a twenty-eight year old male. He was different though." Oh my god," Dr. Conners said." Riley."

" Who is he?" I asked.

" My brother Riley Adams," Matthew said.

My phone rang." I was just about to call," I said." I need you to come to the station without Ashley." Reid said.

" I think either her or Matthew or both will be dead in that time if I leave her here," " I know they have a feud. Just hurry up." He hung up.

" I need to go back to the station. Dr. Conners I need you to take detailed notes of the scene and take pictures," I said." Call me when you're are on your way back."

She nodded. I got into the car and drove to the station.

-------------------------

Hotch's POV

" Alright Reid. We'll be there in a few," I hung up." We need to go to the station. Do you have everything Rossi?"

" Indeed. There wasn't much to get," he said.

***

We sat around the table." We have our secrets but Dr. Conners has a lot if them," JJ said." She was born and raised here and she is the second child of eight and has a twin. Reid had Garcia do a background check on her and there was nothing."

" What do you mean there was nothing?" I asked.

" Garcia said that there was not an Ashley Conners, Ash Conners, or any Conners here in Winston, Maine. The only Conners was her 10 year old brother Alex," Reid said." That's impossible." Rossi murmured." Angie Adams did give us a clue, at least JJ and I think it is, to this case. The Adams and Ashley know the victims." Reid added.

" I have something to add to that," Morgan said." The latest victim was Riley Adams, one of the Adams's sons. Matthew blamed Ashley for his death and he wasn't happy at all that she was here. Riley was different though. He was shot in the head and heart and had AC smeared on his head. His shirt wasn't ripped and the shot in the heart wasn't in the heart."

" You're saying that the unsub missed his heart," Reid asked.

" Intentionally," Morgan confirmed." It looked like he died slowly and painfully. I'm guessing other things were done to him but I won't know until the autopsy."

This case was strange." JJ," I said." You said the murders were connected. How?"

" Angie," JJ said. A woman came in." Team this is Angie Adams, Chief Adams's wife. She can better explain things."

I stood up." Agent Hotchner. Agents Rossi and Morgan."

" Pleasure. I will do my best to help you," Angie said." Marie was our daughter and the latest victim, Riley, was our son. Michael Scott was our daughter Sara's fiancée. Martin James was our neighbor. He's lived by us for 8 years. Mandy Lee, our son Jason, and Ashley's brother Andy were all friends. Alec Martin was an officer. He didn't have any family so he visited our house often and actually lived across the street with Matthew."

" How did the victims relate to the Conners?" I asked.

" Michael worked with Austin Conners. They worked at the local hardware store. Marie was friends with Anna and the Conners kids were our 2nd children. Martin worked at the paper with Ashton Conners. Mandy was friends with Andy like I said. Alec probably met several them just from being an officer. Oh, he met Adam Conners years ago when he and Matthew were friends. Then Riley dated Ashley. They were engaged at one point but Ashley broke it off. It hurt Riley a lot. She left and never made contact with anybody again until, well, you technically can't call now contact."

" What is the relationship between you and the Conners? We need to know everything," Rossi said." I don't think Ashley has any contact with her family but we can't tell her about this. Also, was there something you and your husband any of the kids may have found strange about the Conners kids."

Angie thought for a moment." Yes, actually. They are all very smart. An intelligent family. It was like they knew too much for their own good."

" Family intelligence," Rossi said." We need to know everything about them."

" Impossible," Garcia said. She walked in with several bags." I did everything I could to background check Ashley and the only Conners in the base was 10 year old Alex, her brother."

" Then we need to do it the old fashion way. People, photos, paper records and files, and newspaper articles." I said.