Chapter 4: Text Messages

The next morning Beca woke up to her phone going off. She had two texts from Jesse and a missed called from her dad. She gave the screen a puzzled look, as to why her dad would call her?. She decided to open the texts first before calling him back. 

The first one read:

'Hey Beca. Are you up yet?'

The second text read:

'I'm guessing your not up. :( Text me back when you get this, I've got news! '

After reading both, Beca hit the reply button.

'Sorry I just woke up. What's the news?'

Beca woke the others up and started breakfast. She put the bacon on and slowly more people began to wake up. I guess it was the smell of bacon. Suddenly Addy came in yelling. "OH MY GOD! AWWW!" Beca looked confused. Taylor, Danielle and Rebecca came running up to her. Addy was holding a phone in her hands. Beca immediately recognized whose it was. It was hers. Beca rushed over and grabbed it. As Beca read the screen she smiled. Aubrey, Ashley, Chloe, Cynthia, and Fat Amy came in questioning what the noise was for. Beca handed her phone to Chloe and she handed it back. "You need to read it out loud." Chloe replied. Beca did what Chloe said and began to read it. 'From Jesse : Finally you woke up. I've missed you. So I got us a reservation at this fancy restaurant . I guess you could call it a date?  Xx'

Beca smiled again and everyone awed.