Chapter 7: What guy?

Chapter 7: *Jesses POV* (This is the day of Becas Date) 

I was sitting on my bed thinking when I heard the door open and close. I turned around to see Ben standing by the doorway. "Where were you today?" "What was today?" I asked. "Practice. But i have to show you this new magic trick. You ta-. Jesse?" "What?" "Are you okay?" "I thought if i told her tha-." "Beca?" "Yes. I thought that if i told her that we were together she'd freak out so i told her we're just friends. Now she probably hates me." I rolled over stuffing my face in the pillow. "If a girl asks that Jesse you never say just friends and if she does freak out you tell her it was a joke. That's what I do." "And who have you dated?" I replied sounding a bit harsher than I'd meant to. Ben didn't reply he just walked out of the room. "Wait, Ben." I don't know if he heard me but he didn't reply or come back.  "Great. Two people that probably hate me now." I mumbled to myself. I decided to text Beca and see if she would at least respond. I checked the time. 8:15. I clicked new message and typed in her name. "Hey. Beca? Are you okay?" I sat my phone next to me. Suddenly it buzzed. I checked the screen. It was from Beca. "This is Aubrey. Becas out, with a friend." Out? What friend? I clicked reply. "What friend?" I hit send and waited for her to respond. My phone buzzed again. "Some guy. why, whats up?" I sat up. Was she on a date with this guy? I changed quickly into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I clicked reply and sent a simple text back. "Nothing." I shoved my feet in my shoes and ran out the door.