Chapter five: Pegasus date

It's been about five days since I walked in on my brothers make out session. That was so awkward but hilarious. I still mock him but I don't know what he means by I'll get you back. Anyway I met want kids from the other cabins but most the time I'm just hanging out in the forest or at the beach. I ran into Nico one or two times but he never makes eye contact with me. I wonder what his problem is. That girl from the Ares cabin Clarisse was giving me a hard time. She kept saying "psshh like you'll ever go on a quest." Or "weakest child at camp right here!". If only she knew that I could drown her in her sleep or put her on a deserted island. You know what maybe that's not such a bad idea. But anyway I started archery camp and fighting lessons I'm not very good with a bow or sword but I can definitely use a spear. Although I wish I had a magical item like Percy. Not seen it but I've heard rumors. Yes again with the stalker approach. But today when I was at lunch Percy said he want to show me something. "I think you'll like it." He said behind his back as he was dragging me along. We ended up at this place of never been before. But it smells like animals. "hey Percy who's the new kid?" Eh?! I look inside it see it's all horses.
"Who said that?" I question completely fazed.
"Say Percy do you have any sugar cubes?" The voice asked again.

"Blackjack you know they're not good for you. But ya." Percy took the small sweets out of his pocket and gave them to a black horse. Wait it's not a horse it's a pegasus?! "As a child of Poseidon since he created pegasui (The plural of Pegasus) we can talk to them." He explained with a smirk.

"Oh....ohhhhhhhh" that's all I could say.
"So you wanna take a spin?" Percy asked.
"I..uhhh...don't do well with heights." I admit. This just makes my brothers smirk turn to a smile. "What are you up to?" I ask nervously.
"Ya boss what's up?" The black pegasus questions as well. Percy turns to the magical creature and whispers something to him. Blackjack stomps his hoofs as if he's agitated. No! that kid creeps me out!

"Please Blαckjαck, I get you donuts!" He said pleadingly. With that blackjack perks up in agrees."I'll be back, I just need to go get something... Or someone." That last part I didn't get because he muttered it but he takes off anyway. What was I getting into?

****
Percy told me to close my eyes and wait for him to do something. Annabeth had come with him to but I knew that wasn't it. So I tried to open my eyes but Annabeth covered her hands above her my face. Great I now I knew I was in for something. "Would you please just try riding Blackjack he'll fly low." He pleaded.

"Fine... But if I don't like it I can get off." I said trying to compromise.

"All right, all right... Just get on." He agreed putting up his hands. Annabeth, with her hands still over my eyes, let me somewhere to supposedly get a horse. "Why am I doing this again?" I heard a new voice ask as I was getting on the pegasus. Hey, I know that voice it's... Nico?! By the time I realized this it was too late I was on the Pegasus and someone in front of me no doubt only Nico and we took off. "Eh?!?" I exclaim with my eyes adjusting. The ground was getting farther and farther away. "PERCY!!" I heard in front of me. Sure enough it was Hades child himself. I let my instincts take over and grabbed the most sturdy thing which happened to be him. Oh my gods is this really happening. "Can't you control this thing?!?" Nico yelled behind him.
Hey this thing happens to be a handsome pegasus!

"Get us down from here!" I demand.

No can-do boss said to take you to so romantic. ROMANTIC!?!? My cheeks were burning not just from the harsh wind but I'm practically cuddling with Nico. "I'm so sorry I just don't like heights! By the way blackjack said Percy wanted to take us somewhere...romantic" I yell over the wind.
"That's okay but we will have to get Percy back for this." Nico replied. I looked at him and his cheeks were bright red too. "Does the stuff usually happen?" I say trying to break the ice because blackjack has leveled is flying out a little bit so at least I didn't have to hold onto Nico anymore.
"Well I mean it kind of depends but stuff like this to me, no." His voice is a little shaky. "Do you have a girlfriend?" I slip before I could catch it. (Before you yell at me about Nico being gay ya, ya I know but Percy doesn't) Before he could answer Blackjack starts to cross a lake and I have a brilliant idea. "Don't answer that." I revise quickly. "Do you trust me?" I ask hoping the answer is yes. "Uhhhhhh..." He answers.

"I'll take that as a yes." I say and before he can back out I wrap my arms around his chest and shake us off the flying horse. "Whaaaa?!" He yells. I will the water to catch us so you doesn't have a hard landing, although it wouldn't matter for me. I make the water like a surfboard and try to carry Nico on my back. "What are you doing?" Nico interrogates.
"Well I don't know about you but I don't want to go to this 'romantic place' Percy spoke about." I answer sarcastically starting to take off. Nico's face went blank and then blushed. "Oh I forgot about that. Where do you think it would be?" 
I just bushed too at the question. "I don't know but I'm not sure I want to find out. Anyway have you ever been on a quest?" I question.

"I mean not a real one but I did help Percy in the second Titan war and I fought in that too." I tried to imagine Percy fighting the big war but if my complete focus isn't on the wave we would drop. So my feet kind of sunk into the water and Nico grabbed on tighter. I gasped at the sudden movement and my focus faltered and we dropped in the water. "Oh my gods, oh my gods, oh my Gods.." Nico kept repeating.

                               ****
Took a good 20 minutes to get to the camps sure. When we arrived I collapsed in exhaustion from using my powers for so long. I had to create a bubble under water at the bottom of the sea floor so we could just walk. Thank the gods I don't have a fear of tight spaces. "You...okay?" I said in between gasps.

"Umm.. I think I should be asking you that!" Nico asked in a worried tone.

"Here I need to dry you off." I cough reaching out for him.

"No! Water heals you right? Just go lay down and I can wait, ok?" He insists. As much as I want to say that it's no big deal, I can't I'm exhausted. So much so I just nod. I get up shakily and walk towards the water and at impact I feel relief. I sigh at the feeling and Nico smiles at my reaction. "Ha ha" I say mockingly. I summon whatever's left of my strength and soaked Nico. "HEY!" He yells while glaring at me.

"Oops." I smile innocently reviving more death glares, literally death glares he's the child of Hades. His black shaggy hair plastered against that sides of his head, dark soaked clothes, and dark bags under his onyx eyes. He definitely looks like someone who would be a loner.

****
We headed back to camp after a while and since it was about lunch we headed straight there. Once we parted ways to our separate tables I was instantly bombarded with questions from Percy. "Wait why are you here?", "Did Blackjack back out?", and "how did you get back?". I only answered them with a smirk. I could tell Annabeth was confused why I was back too but she couldn't get close enough to talk to me, seeing as she's at the Athena table. But how could Percy do that! I mean it wasn't my fault I ran into them! "Alright everybody! I have an announcement to make!"Chiron yelled snapping me out of my daze. "Tonight we are holding our annual capture the flag competition!" As soon as he finished the campers started talking. "What's capture the flag?" I question Percy.

He gave me a questioning look but I brushed it off. "It's were there are two captains and they pick teams to go and steal each other's flag." He explained. Huh, seemed simple enough. "Also we have to fight to get the flags." He continued casually. I almost spit out my food.

"What?!" I exclaim.  

"Ya, I hope you've been training." He smirked.

"I hope you have been practicing your powers." I reply confidently. His smirk dropped and I giggled. Wait! Stop it! You can't make any friends here. I need to keep my distance. I argued myself. I scooted away from Percy and looked away. He looked confused and hurt and reached out but I just looked the other way. For the rest of dinner I listened to people's conversations. Capture the flag...do I really want to go there? Yes I do, I'm going to show the camp I'm not weak.