Chapter seven: New Blood

(The picture has nothing to do with the story I just thought it was funny)

The camp entrance was slam packed. And these two kids were in the middle of everyone. One boy and one girl. They were in a small bubble in the crowd and once I broke through the surface I was in for a sight. The boy had dirty blond hair. His clothes had tons of tears and wholes in them and he had so many cuts and bruises you would have thought he was a punching bag for a professional wrestler. Other than that with out the injuries he was quite lean but was obviously malnourished.

The girl was another story, she had a huge cut on her leg that was bleeding, she was passed out, and her breathing was especially shallow. Her clothes were in even worse shape then the boy's.  But her wounds and rags for an outfit did not take away from her beauty. Her hair was a light brown and fairly straight despite all the knots. Her face had very distinct features even without makeup.

"Alright everybody give them some space!" Chiron yelled. A boy from the Apollo cabin was already checking his wounds. I think his name was Will?

Anyway they were taken to the infirmary. The girl had to be carried away and the poor boy actually had to be awake for the walk. "Do you think they are the ones?" I question Percy who is right next to me.

"I don't know, prophecies don't usually turn out the way you think they would."

"Hmm, what about child of the sun washed away by sea. Who is the sea? It's obviously you or me."

"I think it's you, I mean I don't think I will go on any more quests. (Lol not, back to the story XD) Your usually only supposed to go on one. While I've gone on two." He replied. Hmm maybe he had a point. A part of me wanted to go on adventure with some friends but then I realized I don't have any friends... On that note I started to walk off to try and clear my head.

    It couldn't be a coincidence, a prophecy one second and then two kids the next. They must be apart of it, right? I'm still not sure how these things work.

       As I am walking I notice I have walked all the way to the forest and have found myself at a pond. I walk on top of its glassy surface with ease and admire my surroundings.

"I've never got how you guys do that." I hear a familiar voice behind me. I jump at the sudden sound and sink into the small pond. It's actually quite deep, deep enough of for me to be completely submerged. From under my domain I see a figure dressed in all black at the edge of the water. "Oh sorry! I just...uhh....saw you here and..." The figure started. The realization swept across me, its just Nico.

I emerged from the pond and came to face him with my feet still in the water up to my ankles. I never really saw him up close. But he was a good fours inches taller then me.  "It's okay...I'm just not that used to....people?" I say like a question but I realize that I shouldn't be telling him this. But I feel like he's had his share of bad times. I look down, with embarrassment. "And I don't know how it works...my powers that is" I answer.

"That's okay, I mean Percy has all sorts of powers and I'm positive he's not sure how it works either."

"What about you?" I ask " I mean a child of hades has to have something." I continue mischievously.  I expect a clack in the earth to open and swallow me up but nothing happens. Nico's face flushes red. He puts his hand behind his head nervously and gives a small laugh. "You should smile more often, you don't look as scary." I comment.

"But I'm the ghost king, Lily! I'm supposed to be scary!" He protests. I just roll my eyes in response.

"Sure whatever, almighty ghost king. Hey about those kids that showed up earlier....." I was cut off before I could continue.

"I honestly don't know, we don't usually get two new demigods at once but......it happened before" he hesitated with the last part but I decided not to press him.

"Hey are you hungry, I'm hungry! Let's go get dinner." I say trying to lighten the mood, it only works a little but that's enough to for me.

                              *****

I was on my way to dinner and got pulled away by a man with a chubby face, a red nose ,and curly hair so black, it looked purple. This clothes are even weirder he is wearing tiger-striped Hawaiian shirt, beige shorts ,and purple running shoes. With a diet coke in his hand he called me over. "Hey! Your the new kid! That nuisance of a boy, Percy's sister!"

"What." I asked, well it sounded more like a statement.

"Ahhh sarcastic like him to." He continued. (PERSASSY XD)

"I'm sorry but who are you?" I unsurely ask.

"Why does nobody know who I am!?" He asked rhetorically "Why I'm Dionysus! But the campers call me Mr.D"

"Am I supposed to care?" I question, my voice filled with annoyance.

"Hey! You better watch your tone or I'll turn you into a pile of kelp! I'm am the God of wine!" He protested in a very demanding time. Oh crap! this guy is a god? He sure as hades doesn't look like one! "Oh I'm really sorry, I'm but if you don't mind I need to get to dinner." I plead.

"No need to be in such a hurry,...." He started and continued to tell you he may be here as a punishment to help the camp but he dislikes every kid here. So heart warming, I know. By the time he ended dinner was almost half over! With his last word I scurried off to dinner but got stopped again at the infirmary.

  "Excuse me Lily, but I think we should talk." Chiron said as he pulled me aside. "As you know two more kids showed up earlier today and before that there was a new prophecy."

"Um ya, with the crazy red-head with green, creepy smoke coming out of her mouth."

"Yes that would be the orical. Her name is Rachel. But I think you talk to her sometime.....soon." He said cautiously.

I could tell he was talking about the prophecy. But I had to be sure.

"Your talking about the prophecy aren't you..." I replied with equal caution.

"I am, and I'm sorry for that. But you where the first to arrive of three and from the unknown too. I think you play a big part in it."

"But it sounds like I do more damage than good..." I state glumly.

"Prophecies have an odd way of being worded."

"So I've heard, and yes I will see Rachel but I really need to go eat...." I try and finish. But Chiron grabs my hand.

"Just be carful, many demigods have had to short of lives trying to change their fate." He said then with the last word he let go and I half walked half ran out the door.

By the time I got to the tables,dinner was being cleaned up. So with an empty stomach and a lot of thoughts, I went to cabin three and passed out only to find something worse.