seven; cherry wine

"Hey, dork!" Bella called, throwing a pillow at me. I raised my head, glaring at her the best I could with my droopy eyes. I was tired as hell; I woke up about three times a minute that night. "Wake up."

I simply rolled to the other side, grumbling something lowly.

"Come on, Ash, you need to get ready; I'm leaving in twenty minutes," she reminded, but I buried my head under the pillow, ignoring her.

Within a few moments Charlie sat on my bed, shaking me awake once more.

"Honey, come on," he urged. "You need to get to school," I turned to look at him, and his face contorted in worry. "Are you feeling well?" he rested his hand on my forehead, sighing. "I think you've got a fever."

Charlie left me for a moment alone before returning with a thermometer, and I put in my mouth, sitting up. After a few moments, Charlie took it out, checking.

"Well, kiddo." he paused with a sigh, "you're staying home today."

He quickly covered me better and I turned to get some more sleep, not wishing to see anyone but the beautiful unicorn showing me around the world ruled by dinosaurs.

I woke up a few times, each time drinking a bit from a somehow full bottle, and almost every time I opened my eyes, I saw the same blond angel looking at me with concern, keeping the distance away from me, lurking around the window or the door.

At some point, I woke up to my father's soft words, to see another angel, in a suit, smiling at the two of us gently, asking how I was feeling.

I couldn't remember for the life of me what I said to that angel, but he left with my dad soon enough, and when I opened my eyes again the usual angel was there again, his cold hand resting on top of mine, sitting quite a way from me, reaching out to touch me.

I wondered why, before I drifted off again.

When I woke up next, Bella was sitting on the chair next to my bed, reading something.

"Hey Bells," my voice cracked slightly, making her eyes snap up.

"Ash, you're up!" she spoke, surprised, "Dr. Cullen was here earlier, he said you'll probably  keep sleeping for another day."

"Well, nope," I summarized, sitting up. My throat was sore and head pounding slightly, but I was feeling better; not completely drained of energy. "What did I miss?"

"Well, we're going to La Push this weekend," Bella started, "Mike's been asking about you-" she made a face, probably annoyed with him way too much- "loads of homework, but most teachers said that they'd let you go back to school before completing it. Oh, and I almost fainted at Biology."

"Blood?" I questioned, making her nod. "Did they sign me up for the rez?"

"No, we thought you're not coming," I looked at the nightstand, taking the bottle in my hand and playing with it before taking a sip. 

"Could you give me my phone? I'd like to call Mike and tell him I'm coming." Bella stood up, walking to where my phone was resting peacefully, unattended for quite a while now. She taps on the lock button, her eyes scanning before a smile spreads over her face.

"Your boyfriend texted you," she teased and I frowned.

"Who are you talking about now?"

"Jared."

I shot up, not allowing her to touch my phone a moment more. She laughs as I almost fall while taking the phone into my possession.

I check the message and feel my heart melting.