twenty three; fresh start fever

that's it ya'll, I decided I am finishing Impudent this week (!)

I have the day off today and tomorrow, so be prepared for tons of writing. also, thank you so much for getting me to be #407 in fanfictions! I feel like actually accomplished something in life! and that's big, since the last time I felt it was when I did the fourth tattoo and when I graduated high school.

thanks yall! love you almost as much as I love Nicky Byrne! :P ♥

First days are a big deal.

You have to make sure you look as good as possible, and be as prepared as possible. Especially when it was the last first day of high school. 

"DAD! WHERE IS MY WHITE SHIRT?"

"WHICH ONE?" he called back, probably sitting in the kitchen and sipping from his coffee as I ran around the house like a freaking Godzilla, trying to look as lovely as possible. Angela said she'll be taking pictures of the seniors today so we can always look back and remember.

And I wanted to remember myself as a cutie.

I almost tripped over a random shoe in my room when I suddenly saw the dress. It was the dress Ariana, Iggy, Jessie and I bought in our first day at Sophomore year. We each bought a dress that we saw ourselves wearing at our last-first day.

I, myself, bought a simple floral skate dress that would always look adorable.

Paired with my usual leather jacket, and a pair of black boots with heels, I had a winning look.

"NEVERMIND DAD!" I finally called back. I stood up, trying it on quickly. It used to reach past my knees, and the middle of my arm, but right now it reached just above my knees and just below my elbows, just as we intended.

We grew into them being perfect.

Well, I have.

I smiled at my reflection, imagining what a perfect day it could have been only if things went a little bit differently. All we had to do was stay silent that day, and everything would be different.

I was thankful I hadn't put my make-up on yet, as I started crying that moment. I wiped away the tears with a small smile still on my face.

"This day is for you," I whispered almost soundlessly as I looked at the photo of the four of us that was hanging on the mirror. "I love you guys."

Tyler and Mike picked me up, before they picked up Jessica too. Eric, Ben and Angela were coming together, and Lauren had something to take care of at the school earlier. 

All of us sat silently, mostly because Jessica and Mike recently broke up, and me and Tyler felt awkward about it. I was getting nervous suddenly, since the last time I've seen Jasper was when we kissed, that morning after I found out about Paul.

Paul... he called me just once after the whole thing, to apologize over what could've happened, and while I still talked to Jacob on a daily basis, I couldn't quite bring myself to come there. Emily once called me, explaining some things about the wolves. 

She explained to me that Sam had imprinted on her and that it was a soul-mate kind of thing, but she was refusing to date him since he broke up with her cousin, Leah, to be with her.

It was a real Telenovela going on in the rez.

It wasn't like Jasper hadn't called though. He called twp days later, and I just hadn't picked up, texting him 'I'm busy. Call you back'. 

Which I hadn't done.

"So are you all up to go shopping tomorrow?" I finally asked to escape the telenovela that was going on in my head. "Port Angeles and stuff."

"Ohhh! We should go to Seattle some weekend, you know, all of us!" Jessica said, sounding excited.

"Yeah, we could rent a motel room and stay the night too!"

"Oh my God, that sounds great!" Jessica beamed at me, and we both looked to the two boys at the front seats.

"It actually does sound good," Tyler said simply, and Mike nodded. 

"Yeah, I'm up to it. We'll ask Ben, Angela, Conner and Lauren at lunch."

"Yeah, awesome!" I beamed widely, happily clapping my hands together. "Oh, I've missed shopping like a real human being."

"And we could buy you an actual birthday gift," Tyler said. "It's in twenty days, right? Better get you something cool."

By then we all started talking excitedly about the trip to Seattle, and they all started questioning what I would like as a gift, and I gave them vague clues, kind of not knowing what I did want.

Tyler parked easily, and I exited with slight struggle. I mean, it was one of the least cold days that summer, but it was still kind of cold, and I was regretting my choice of clothes in some aspects.

"Ashley!" Angela excitedly called, and I screamed as a form of showing my excitement, tackling her in a hug.

"Angie! I've missed you!" I said truthfully as I hugged her tight. Once I let go, I hugged both Ben and Eric, the three of us excited to meet again.

We quickly spoke about the Seattle thing, and almost immediately we decided to go the day after Labour Day, just before I saw Kelly.

I yelled in excitement as she waved at me ("OH MY GOD, ASHLEY! I'VE MISSED YOU!") and ran towards her, tackling her in a hug and almost making the two of us fall over, being saved only by the younger Marx brother, Dale, I think. He laughed at us good naturedly, helping us stand straight.

"Thanks," we laughed.

"Anytime," he laughed in return. 

Kelly and I quickly briefed over our timetable, happy to find out we had Chemistry together this year. Angela waved me over, and within moments the two of us have taken more than enough photos.

And as we smiled at the camera, forcing a random Junior student to take pictures of all of us, I suddenly realized something.

One day, you're planning for the future, for someday, and then  before you even notice, someday is today and that someday is yesterday, and the future is here.

And this was the future.

We were all sitting around Tyler's van, discussing whatever with whoever was sitting close to us. Lauren was drawing Tyler, while Angela and I talked about her relationship with Ben, sitting on top of the van. Mike and Jessica ignoring each other and speaking to Conner, Eric and Ben.

Bella was off with the Cullens- Jasper included- and we could not care less.

Until Jasper walked up to us.

He had a sheepish smile on his face as he walked closer to us, and I could feel everybody's eyes on me. I was literally the only person in this school apart from Edward and Alice to speak to him.

"Hi Jas," I greeted, and he hesitated for a moment. "What's up?"

He stepped closer, not looking as confident as he always seemed, and I grabbed his hand out of instinct.

"Jas, did something happen?" I asked quietly, and he placed his hand on my cheek. I slightly flinched away from his cold touch, but he knew better than to take it personally, and it didn't discourage him any more.

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," I told him, eyebrows furrowed. 

And then he kissed me once more.

I could hear Jessica and Lauren gasping loudly, and I heard Tyler and Mike cuss in anger, but I mostly heard my heartbeat, beating much quicker than it did in our first kiss, last time he only pressed his lips against mine, but this time, it was a real kiss, one that made butterflies flutter around your stomach and your mind to go black and your eyes to shut out of instinct, and a small smile to spread over your lips.

Each kiss sends a message, and this one sent a clear one: Jasper Hale did love me.