ten ; elastic heart

I tapped my fingers against my arm. Just my luck, of course.

I shook my head. Jared was a real sweetheart, I knew, but he was too horny for his own good. Or maybe for me. Either way, I was left without an on and off boyfriend and he was left with a sex-buddy.

As I stood there in the rain of Port Angeles, grumpy, I huffed, arms crossed and very impatient. It wasn't because I had to wait for Charlie, no. 

The reason I was so angry was that I wasted the sexiest dress I've ever seen on an idiot that kind-of- cheated on me. What made me even angrier was that I didn't know if I even had the right to be that angry at him!

I called Charlie, telling him to not pick me up, and that I'll get to school on my own. So, still grumpy, I poured my heart out to the poor taxi driver, who simply nodded, eyes wide, as though scared.

"It's not like I ever meant for us to break up in the first place, but seriously! Jared is so sweet, yet so horny! What was I supposed to do? And either way, no one told him to invite me to the dance, right? He's just a major asshole and I don't know what I ever found in him."

"Totally." he agreed.

"And you know what?" I continued. "Saying 'I love you' isn't an excuse for asking me out to the dance, making me fly all the way from Forks to Phoenix and get me into bed with him after going with the girl that's been the biggest bitch to me ever! And you know what?" I asked again, "I appreciate Ellie for insisting on telling me."

"You're right," he nodded. "We're here."

"Thanks Manuel," I smiled, handing him the money. "Sorry for everything that happened in this ride, just forget it, right?"

"Yeah, sure," he still seemed terrified.

I cleared my throat, "right," I straightened up. "Okay then, nice chat. See ya!"

I took out my suitcase before he sped off, leaving me grumpy and alone. I looked around, trying to find Tyler. My eyes jumped over Bella and Edward (I'd murder Bella afterwards), scanned the rest of the Cullens, landed on Eric and Angela, and them fell on Tyler who was making out with Lauren.

"Tyler!" I called, and he scowled as he moved from Lauren. 

"Hi Ash, how was Phoenix--" he paused, realizing my eyes are burning with rage. He told Lauren something, before walking over. "What happened there?" he asked gently, and I could feel tears stinging in my eyes.

"Jared is a huge asshole, that's what happened!"

Eyes wide, Tyler quickly put my suitcase in his car before pulling me to the side.

"Explain in details."

"Everything was perfect," I tried  explaining. "He was his usual adorable self, and played with my hair and danced with me even though he hates dancing, and then at the hotel and everything and stuff," I wiped some tears away, "and then he cheated on me with THAT FUCKING BITCH!"

"Woah, okay," Tyler tried to calm me down. "Relax, everything is okay. What do you mean by cheating?"

"I MEAN THAT HE WENT UP AND FUCKED HER REPEATEDLY AND HAD NO INTENTION OF TELLING ME ANYTHING, THAT'S WHAT I MEAN BY CHEATING, YOU BLOODY IDIOT!"

Tyler looked scared for a moment before nodding. "And what did you do when he told you that?"

"Slapped him right in the face and stormed off!" I replied.

"Okay. His defence?"

"He fucking loves me and he's just a horny fuckhole!"

"Could you stop cussing?" Tyler asked, his tone strangely high.

"For fucks sake, no I cannot!" I sighed, exasperated. "He cheated on me and the poor taxi driver had to  hear all about it!"

"I feel like you're going off the rails here."

"I feel like I might stab you."

"Okaaaaaaaay," Bella suddenly stood next to me, dragging me away. "Relax, deep breaths, no stabbing and no screaming."

Bummer. I really felt like stabbing someone though.

"Ms. Harrison, please, stop talking!" Mr. Molina eventually snapped. I turned to face Kelly, realizing she's been talking to me this whole time. "I'm separating you two, that's it."

"What!" Kelly screamed in protest. "Please, Mr. Molina--"

"Ms. Steele," he called and a brunette looked up from her desk, eyeing him strangely.

"Yes, Mr. Molina?"

"Do you mind sitting next to Ms. Harrison instead of Swan?"

"Of course sir," the brunette replied, standing up and taking her things. I spotted Jasper staring at her retreating figure before his eyes snapped to me, the dark golden irises eyeing me intensly. We hadn't spoken since the slightly tense exchange that's taken place at the Biology trip. 

"Ashley, please." Mr. Molina requested, and with a sigh, I stood up, taking my stuff and walking to sit next to Jasper. I noted how he kept his chair at the very far end of the desk, leaning away, but when I sat his posture relaxed just a little bit. 

"Hello," he greeted with a tiny smile. "I've never gotten around to speak with you after you recovered. I take it you're feeling much better now?"

"I guess, yeah," I shrugged, trying to shake the gloomy feeling away. Jasper was nice to me and seemed to truly care enough to ask about whether or not I felt better, so it was only fair that I'd treat him the way he treated me. I allow a small smile to cover my lips as I turned a page on the book, as Mr. Molina said. "How're you doing? You've been absent a while ago."

"We were camping," he replied almost the moment I finished the sentence. I raised an eyebrow, and he gave me a sheepish smile. "My adoptive father, Carlisle, he likes camping and whenever the weather's nice we all go camping."

"Oh," I nodded. "That's cool, I kinda like camping too. Any where particular you enjoy?"

"Not really," Jasper shifted in his seat. "We just go around. I could ask Carlisle on any place he thinks you might like, but I don't really know myself."

"You don't have to bother," I waved off. "I can always just check with my most trusted friend, Google."

"That is another option," he answered, nodding slightly, a smile still on his face. I give him a small smile too as I looked at his face, from the way his eyes were fixated on my hands that were playing with a pen, to the way his short blond hair was in small curls, framing his pale face perfectly. Suddenly Jasper's eyes snapped to me, and his lips pull down, as though a small pout settling on his lips.

"Is something wrong?"

He shook his head, but twisted his body so he was leaning away from me.

I sighed, allowing myself to fall back into my state of slight despair. I always gave myself three days to mope over a guy, right now I was in the middle of the first day which meant that later on, I'd have the right to look at the bottom of a vanilla ice-cream tub, brain frozen and stomach content.

"I'm sorry to intrude," Jasper suddenly spoke again, an amused smile on his lips, "but I just have to know what you're thinking about."

I blinked, surprised, realizing I've been grinning like a crazy girl as I stared at the air. I blushed, and I caught Jasper eyeing my cheeks for a moment before letting out a deep breath.

"Ice cream," I confess as I looked at my hands.

"It causes you great happiness?"

I gave him a confused look, "doesn't it give you great happiness? I think food in general is the main reason for happiness all over the world."

He pressed his lips together, as though what I said was hilarious, or was he enjoying a private joke. He nodded, "yes, food is quite a happiness inducing substance, I agree."

"You sound so posh, just say it's yummy."

Jasper tried pressing his lips together once more, but a chuckle escaped them.

"Alright, it's yummy."