sixteen ; Jackie and Wilson

Through your life you learn to like, love and hate things. You learn to tolerate, you learn to forgive and forget. Sometimes you forget to do one, or can't decide what you do or feel.

I think emotions are quite a phenomenon, and as much as the concept intrigued me, I couldn't help but feel awed by Jasper.

"You can sense other people's feelings and affect them?"

"Yes," Jasper assured, smiling lightly at me. "Want me to show you?"

"How..."I furrowed my eyebrows, confused, when suddenly I felt a wave of immense happiness consume me. A smile spread over my lips, uncontrollable, and I turned to look at the blond next to me. His face is scrunched slightly, as though he is concentrating greatly.

I laughed lightly, that was truly amazing. "Wait, is that a vamp thing?"

"The abilities is," he spoke lightly, as though he wasn't telling me secrets about mythological creatures. "But not every vampire has abilities, and each have a different one. Per say, Edward can read minds--"

"Wait, what?"

"And Alice can see the future," he paused. "I think that vampires simply take something from their human lives and make it more..." Jasper looked for the right word for a moment before Charlie walked to us.

"Ash," he started. "I wanna offer you something," he said awkwardly, looking at Jasper for a moment. 

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk alone?" dad asked, sitting down next to me. Jasper stood up, nodding.

"I'll go buy something to eat," Jasper said, his now-golden eyes surveying us. "Should I buy you anything?"

"No thank you," both me and dad waved him off.

"Okay," he nodded, walking off.

"So, what is it?" I smiled at dad, looking at him. He placed his hand on my knee.

"You know I love you, right?" I nodded, confused.

"Am I adopted?" I blurted out, feeling weird.

"No, Ashley," he sighed. "You're not adopted. But, I know you have friends in Forks and everything, but your mother misses you."

"Oh," I realized. "She misses me and Bells, and Bella isn't gonna move as long as she is dating Edweirdo Cullen."

"Something like that," Charlie said sheepishly. "You know how big of a deal it is for Bella to have a boyfriend, and you... You're you. You could be stranded in a random island and somehow find friends. When I tell you that I want you to consider living with your mother and Phil again, I am saying that despite the fact I will miss you greatly. I'm not saying you have to; the whole is completely up to you."

I bit my lip, after saying something like that how am I supposed to make a choice?

"Take your time, let me know, sweetheart. "

If you were wondering, if you give an elderly couple cute enough puppy eyes, they would be willing to trade you and let you sit next to the window, and would happily offer you candies the whole flight.

In other words; I had fun in that particular flight.

Once we left the plane, I finally saw again Jasper and Charlie. They were both looking particularly annoyed, and after a moment I was tackled in a hug by Alice.

"Hi Alice?" I questioned, unsure of why she hugged me.

"Oh, Ashley, you mustn't leave!" she said quietly, and Jasper turned to give me a look. 

"Well, sure, but could you let go?" I asked, slightly nervous at the tight grip. I was all in for bear hugs, but not when I know that the other side could literally crash me.

"Oh, sorry," she said brightly, stepping back. 

"I'll go get our bags," Jasper spoke, "Carlisle?"

"I'll help you," said blond said, "Alice, stay with Charlie and Ashley, please, we'll come back in a moment."

"Actually," I spoke, "I think you're gonna need help with my stuff," blushing slightly, I smiled sheepishly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll manage," Carlisle smiled at me, and the two blond vampires walked off.

"Ashley," Alice said with a tight smile, turning to me. "Could I speak to you for a moment? Privately?"

"Sure," I smiled, walking after her to the side. 

"You can't go," she spoke urgently. "Jasper needs you to teach him--"

"Ash!" Charlie called me before Alice could finish the sentence, and I turned to him. He waved me over, pointing at the phone.

"What is it, dad?" I wondered, dodging a random businessman is suit. 

"It's, uh..." he stuttered, at loss for words, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Dad, are you okay?"

"Edward, he's..." I tensed up, "Edward Graham has escaped. No one knows how, but... they're shutting down airports and trying to catch him."

And that's when I wanted to die once more.