twelve ; 7 years

well, that turned out slightly different than I intended.

Very different.

Very very.

I woke up to  a car's honk. I furrowed my eyebrows, pushing up on my elbows, confused with my surroundings. I tried to blink away the nightmare, and the sleep.

I yawned before a wild Bella sat on my legs.

"OW BELLA! GET OFF ALREADY!"

I tried pushing her off, and she laughed as she rolled off me.

"Good morning," she said happily.

"What's good about this morning?" I mumbled, throwing the blanket off of me.

"Um," she bit her lip, "Edward is here and uh, he's taking me to school."

I stopped in my tracks. "Are you seriously dumping me to drive the car just for that weirdo?"

Bella furrowed her eyebrows, "he's not a weirdo."

"Whatever Bella," I waved her off, going to the bathroom and locking the door despite her protests. I took my time, and enjoyed toying with my hair.

"ASHLEY!" my father's voice suddenly called. Bella told me? That's such a seven-years-old thing to do. "GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM BEFORE YOU AND BELLA ARE BOTH LATE!"

"Alright," I happily said, letting my hair down naturally and unlocking the door, skipping out of the bathroom and quickly getting dressed, shoving things into my bag blindly. By the time I bounced out of the room, happy and all ready to go, Bella just exited the bathroom, rushing (and stumbling) to get dressed.

"See you later, Bells!" I cheered, bouncing to the kitchen happily.

I loved being a bitch.

"Good morning Dad," I smiled, kissing his cheek and getting the cereals' box out of the cabinet, pouring some into a plastic cup, before pouring a bit to a bowl with milk.

I ate happily, hearing loud noises from upstairs (Bella was probably on the verge of dying, judging by all the crashes), before standing up and washing the bowl, taking the cup and my bag (almost forgetting the keys, until Charlie reminded me) and cheering a goodbye to dad.

I slowed down my skipping as I spotted a silver Volvo parking out of the house. Eyes narrowed, I stared at Edward, who was casually leaning on the car as though it wasn't freezing.

Weirdo.

Edward grinned at me, stepping closer.

"Hello Ashley," he greeted, and I nodded. I liked Alice and Jasper, and even what's-his-name, the Big Bear. Never have I spoken with Rosalie, and Dr. Cullen seemed nice. But one person out of the family I knew I didn't like, and he was standing right in front of me.

"Good morning Edward," I greeted coldly, folding my arms over my chest, trying to keep warm. "I'd love to keep this chat going, but I must not be late. Bye."

And without waiting for him to make a comment he was obviously going to make, judging by the look on his face and the fact he opened his mouth to speak, I turned on my heel and walked off to the truck Bella oh so kindly left me.

I slid into the radio the disc that I was proud of making (I spent quite some money on legally downloading so many songs I wanted, and I slightly regretted it), and turned up the volume to the loudest the old car allowed.

Surprisingly, it was pretty loud.

I cracked the window open half-way through, happy that it was only cold, and not raining today.