nineteen ; butterfly fly away

emotional Charlie up ahead, courtesy of me being emotional because I basically finished high school

It was a month into the summer vacation when Charlie set down the newspaper and decided to confront me.

"Are you dating that Hale fella?"

Bella and Edward turned to look at us, and I gave him a glance before turning for just a moment to see Phoebe and Joey in their car ride. Yes, I was watching a rerun of Friends, kill me.

"What?" I questioned, confused.

"Are you dating Edward's brother, Jasper?"

"No."

"Ashley, it's okay if you do."

"No, it's ain't. I'm not over Jared," I shrugged, telling the truth. Well, half-truth. If Jasper would offer, I would not turn down the option of us dating. Oh wait, Edward the mind-reader is present. Must think of something else.

"Jared?" Charlie questioned, "you mean the boy that calls every week to say he's sorry? Yeah, what is he sorry about?" Charlie finally wondered, before his eyes widened. He gulped, giving me an unusually serious look. "Ashley, what did you do the night of the prom?"

"The frickle frackle?"

I heard a face-palm, I assumed it was Bella-- I didn't mind.

"And is that what he's apologizing for? He did it... without your full consent?"

"Oh, no!" I waved off, "nothing like that. He cheated on me. Or not. We weren't really dating."

I do believe it is the most embarrassing conversation anyone can have with her father, with her sister and her sister's boyfriend sitting in the same room.

Another reward for me.

"Oh." Was what he said, and I simply nodded. "Well, Jared is a tool."

"I know, his brother was always much hotter," I grinned happily, "by the way, Bella, it's not like I'm speaking to you, but you owe me fifty dollars. I met Colton when you were in the hospital and he offered me to go out with him. He was into me, of course he was, I'm adorable."

Or so I've been going around saying ever since I started taking the Antidepressant pills. I didn't think I need them, but the Psycholog said that he wanted me to try it for a month.

I just went around saying I'm adorable most of the time, which makes only difference the fact I voice it out and not just think it.

When it's true, it's true.

"I never went through that stupid bet with you."

"You're stupid."

"Shut up, dork."

"Never."

So we sat in silence a while more, before Charlie spoke again.

"But do you, like Jasper?"

"Yeah."

"Like a friend?"

"Not really."

"Oh." Charlie said, looking surprised for a moment. "And does he know it?"

I exchanged a look with Edward, before speaking. "Probably." I could see Bella looking at Edward, probably annoyed, since she didn't know I know she knew. Or that I knew. She didn't know a lot of things.

"And does he like you?"

"How could I know?" I smirked, looking at Edward's head. "It's not like I can read minds or something."