Chapter 21

“Alright,” Liam grumbled, “I guess we can watch the Avengers again.” Louis’ smile widened and he bounce on the couch. “Wooo!!! The Tommo always wins!”

“For the record-” Liam interrupted sternly, “Batman will always win.”

Zayn cackled whilst carrying in a fresh bowl of popcorn form the kitchen. “This is a DC and Marvel argument, Liam. Nobody ever wins.”

Harry coughed. “Except Marvel always does.” He cheekily smiled at Zayn.

“No, no, no!” Liam argued. “If you put Wolverine and Captain America in a fight, it goes without saying that Wolverine will win. Same with Batman and Iron Man.” He sipped is ice cold Coke.

Louis pointed a glare at him. “Don’t even try to trash Iron Man. You arse.”

Harry chuckled. “I agree with Liam, though. All Tony’s got is money, and that’s what makes him Iron Man.”

Zayn groaned. “Batman is in the same boat. Now why don’t we shut up and watch the movie?” HE turned the volume up and sat down next to an unusually quiet Niall. He scooted over so that his legs were touching Niall’s, because for some reason Zayn wasn’t sure that Niall was Niall until he touched him.

The movie progressed, but yet Niall hadn’t let up with his tense demeanor. Earlier that day, at breakfast, Niall had gotten upset over a conversation about Bridget. He went upstairs and Zayn just knew he’d probably end up self-harming. But when he came down stairs with a ten-watt smile on his face, and when he’d said he hadn’t cut, Zayn was sure everything had gone well. Until the lads decided to turn on a movie and practically forced Niall to stay downstairs with him. That’s when things went awry. Niall got quiet and kind of shut himself off, as if he had an on-off switch.

By the time the movie was over and everyone was complaining they wanted dinner, Zayn got really worried about Niall. His stomach was rumbling but he didn’t say anything. He just stared straight in front of him. Zayn put his hand on Niall’s knee to try and get him out of his trance, but it didn’t work and Niall unblinkingly stared.

“Lads.” Zayn whispered, trying to get the other’s attention.

Liam snapped his head over to the two boys and gasped. Niall was sitting emotionless without avail. “Lou, Harry.” Liam’s hoarse voice caught their attention. They looked over and saw Niall’s state. Soon enough, all the boys were crowded around Niall.

“Niall.” Louis said. “Niall, blink if you can hear me.” There was no response from the Irish lad.

Harry cleared his throat. “Say something, Ni. Please.” Harry was practically begging; but he didn’t care. He just needed to make sure that Niall was okay.

Zayn snapped in front of the blonde’s face and he didn’t even blink.

“Niall.” Liam whispered with tears stinging his eyes. “Why don’t we clean you up, yeah?” He put his hand in Niall’s armpits to stand him up. “Yeah, big boy. Let’s clean you up.” He nodded to the other lads to help him because Niall was slumping over, and they assisted Liam in getting their band mate upstairs and in his bed room.

“Why don’t you get in the bath, yeah?” Liam asked, taking off Niall’s shirt and peeling his sweatpants. Seeing Niall naked wasn’t a problem for him or any of the boys, who were worriedly discussing Niall’s condition in his bedroom, because they had spent three years together, most of which were spent on a crowded tour bus. The lads would change clothes wherever there was space, and since they were practically brothers anyways, there wasn’t any problem.