Suspicions

*Scott's POV*

It's been 3 days. 3 Days—Stiles has been missing.

I'm sitting in history class, staring at his empty seat in front of me. Every time I look at it, I get more and more irritated. I can't even believe I'm here instead of out helping Derek and the others look for him. I mean. He's my best friend. I would think I have more of a right to be out there than anyone else...Well, besides his dad, of course.

They all insist that I need to stay in school though, because no one has heard anything from the twins since Stiles went missing either. They haven't been at school. Not even Lydia has heard from Aiden. It can't be a coincidence.

So for now, waiting for the twins to show up at school is our only lead.

The bell finally sounds, cutting off Mr. Westover's droning of the civil war. I begin to pack my things up and leave with everyone else when I hear him at the front of the classroom.

"Scott. I'd like a word, please."

I nod. It's not like he's holding me back from getting to another class or anything. It's lunch time and I haven't really been participating with that lately anyway.

We wait until the last few students head out before he starts talking with a look of concern on his face.

"Scott. I've noticed you haven't really been here lately..."

"What do you mean?" I cut him off, confused. "I haven't missed any classes for weeks."

"That's not quite what I meant." He continues. "I know you have physically been present in my classes; however, I do not believe your mind has...Every time you come in here, I can't help but notice that you are in another place."

"Well, maybe you didn't notice that one of your students is missing." I reply, a little bitter.

"I'm well aware of it actually. I also know how close you two are." He pauses, taking a deep breath. "You have to understand that the police force is doing everything in their power to find him. The Sheriff more so than anyone else....Scott, you need to pay attention. Daydreaming in my class isn't going to help anyone. I don't want to have this conversation again. I would like to think I'm being very lenient with you."

I keep silent. I know if he knew what was really going on, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

"Scott?" He presses. "Do you understand?"

"Yes." I finally answer him. "May I leave now?"

He nodded, dismissing me.

I leave his classroom and enter the quiet hallway. Everyone else is at lunch so I guess that's where I'm going to.

I begin my walk towards the cafeteria when a scent catches me off guard, stopping me in my tracks.

I know that scent! I've come across it before when I broke into two lockers to find out where their owners went and why they weren't in school. I'm positive it's the same, but I can't get my hopes up. Just because it smells like them, doesn't necessarily mean it is them.

I start following the scent, regardless, changing my direction from the cafeteria to the boy's locker room.

My confidence that it is them grows stronger and stronger with every step. I move quicker, getting excited that I may actually get some answers.

I turn down the last hallway and barge into the locker room where I'm met with two identical figures that I never thought I would be so relieved and so furious to see in my life.

Aiden and Ethan.

Without a thought; I rush them, intending to strike. A certain rage sparks inside me, driven by my wolf. I want answers! Now!

They both easily dodge my attack and one of them, Aiden, grabs me by my throat. He slams me against a locker, about to tear his claws into me until Ethan shouts, "Aiden! No! We aren't allowed to harm him."

Aiden, breathing hard and face flushed with anger, slowly lowers his claws before roughly releasing my throat.

"WHERE IS HE?" I shout at them. "I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE HIM!"

They look at each other uncertain, not answering my question.

"Where. Is. He.?" I repeat, seething.

It was Aiden who finally spoke up. "We don't know."

"You expect me to believe that?" I growl.

"We don't!" Ethan this time.

"Then where have you been the past few days? You haven't been heard of ever since he went missing. Now you're back and you think I'm just going to believe you have nothing to do with it?"

I can't control my anger. I know my eyes are glowing a bright yellow. My teeth and claws aren't too far behind. Soon I will be fully shifted.

"Look," Aiden continues. "Deucalion sent us on an assignment. We just got back last night and found out what happened..."

"Do you think I'm stupid?" I snarl.

"No." Ethan answers. "And as a sign of good faith. Deucalion wants to offer you our pack's help with finding Stiles."

"What?" This took me by surprise, my anger fading into confusion.

"It's true," Aiden presses. "He doesn't expect anything in return for our help. Just hopes it shows you a glimpse of what you could benefit by being apart of our pack."

I pause, staring at them a moment, trying to listen to their hearts. "How am I supposed to believe that?"

Aiden shrugs. "Believe what you want. I don't really care. We told you the truth and offered our help. So you can take that help and have a better chance at finding Stiles or you can sit here in school all day and pout about it while everyone else is out there looking for him. It's up to you."

I look at them skeptically, "where have you guys been these past few days?"

Ethan opens his mouth to reply this time, but Aiden cuts him off. "That's our packs business."

I huff in disbelief. "So, let me get this straight. You guys have been gone ever since Stiles disappeared, but it wasn't you. You come back, offering your help, but you won't give me a good reason why. And now when I ask you where you have been these last few days, which is the only thing that might help me believe you, it's not my business. Does that about sum everything up?"

"Like I said," Aiden continues, annoyed. "I don't really care if you believe us or not. We're going to be at school now so whenever you snap back to reality and realize you need us, let us know. Other than that, we aren't going to keep explaining ourselves for something we didn't do."

With those last few words, he grabbed his bag from his locker and left the room. Ethan gives me an almost sympathetic look before grabbing his own bag which smells like granola and apples. Then he takes off after his brother, leaving me alone in the locker room.

Their hearts stayed steady the whole time. It's disappointing to think that we may be back at square one with no leads.

I don't get it. They are the only ones I know of that would have a motive for taking Stiles. So if they don't have him, then who does?

Where are you, Stiles?

A/N: What did you guys think of Scott's POV? I hoped you liked it! Next chapter tomorrow morning! *winky face*