Human

A/N: Quick note. I just wanted to post this gif, because it reflects my feelings for most of these chapters. Anyone else feel this way?

Ok, ok, ok. Back to the story. :)

An excruciatingly painful, burning sensation jerks me awake from my dreams, screaming. It's pulled away with my wake up, but still leaves a blistering sensitivity where it made contact with my skin. It was on my pant leg, but it seared right through the fabric.

I breathe hard against the gag still in my mouth. It and my bindings are all rubbing my skin raw.

"Answer?!" Kali asks harshly.

I hear her voice, but don't dare look up and meet her in the eyes. She was the last thing I saw before I slept, or rather before I was knocked out from how much pain she was putting me in. Did she even leave me at all? Did I pass out for a few minutes or hours? I don't even know. It doesn't feel like I got any rest at all.

She burned me again in a different spot, no doubt for my silence. I couldn't help but scream again and fight against my bindings. I wanted to block what she was doing, but I was helpless.

She took it away again and growled, "Answer?!"

I begin to cry out of fear. Tears stream out of my eyes, and my whole body shakes as my breathing becomes short and strained. Ennis and Aiden might have been hard on me, but they have never made me feel the way she does.

I don't want to tell her no. I don't think I can tell her no.

But I know no matter what, I can't tell her yes. My only other option is to stay silent. Maybe she would go easier on me, not be as angry, if I just didn't say anything at all.

The hot-white tip of a crowbar is moved to only a few inches in front of my face. I try to back my head away from it, but I'm against the wall and there is no more space to back away to.

"You know," she says. "I think you've already figured out that I'm not like the others. I have a different strategy for getting what I want. You see, boys....boys like to use their strength. They think that beating the shit out of you with their hands is the most effective way."

She chuckles, shaking her head.

"But I know, sometimes you have to use other means. Sometimes it's not the harder you hit someone that hurts the most, and trust me when I tell you that I can pack a harder punch than all three of them put together."

Beads of sweat start rolling down my forehead as I feel the heat radiating off the crowbar. I stare at it, still refusing to look up at her and ensuring it doesn't move any closer towards my face.

"I like to use tools. I think they have the best means of getting my way. Of course, I still have my strength, my claws, and my teeth. They are just as useful to me and I do not neglect or hesitate to use them in a fight. But I'm not in a fight. I'm here with you and you are standing in my way of getting what I want."

I whimper as she moves the tip of the crowbar a few inches closer to my face. I can practically feel it singeing away any facial hairs I might of had the luck of growing.

"So I have to be a little more persuasive than just using my strength. Do you see where I'm coming from, Stiles?"

I don't answer her. My silence once again facing the consequences, she swiftly moves the tip of the crowbar so it presses against my chest and holds it there. I cry out in agony, the room disappearing and all I can see are white flashes.

She removes the crowbar, placing it back in front of my face. I gulp down deep breaths, not having really taken many with all the screaming I've been doing. My head feels like it's about to explode from the pressure building up inside it.

"Why do you care about Scott being with us?" She asks annoyed. "You realize that he doesn't care about you. If he did, wouldn't he have gotten you out of here by now?"

I know what she is doing. Deucalion and the others say the same things to me. I can't let it get to me. I can't believe it's true.

"But instead, you're here with me." She sighs. "Some 'best friend' he is. I don't know many people that would allow their friends to go through this even after being told they could save them. That must be the werewolf side of him."

She removes the crowbar from my face, letting it drag on the ground beside her as she walks to stand against the wall near my head.

"You do know, no matter how kind or how well you know someone before they're bitten, they change. Yes, they change physically and have better senses and all that. But they also begin to long to be apart of a pack. They want to be with other wolves. Their kind. Why do you think we are all drawn to each other. It's instinct."

I tense up as I feel her lower herself down and lean over me.

"You aren't a wolf, Stiles. You are a foolish boy who runs with them. You run with them. They don't run with you. Haven't you noticed? Every time Scott is in trouble, you never fail to be at his side. Even when he doesn't need you, and believe me, he doesn't need you."

She draws a claw, placing it over my throat. I hold my breath, not moving a muscle and risking her cutting me.

"But every time you are in trouble and need him, because you always do need him, he isn't there...Ever. Have you noticed that? I've only just met you all and I can see that."

She grazes her claw along my skin tauntingly. She wants me to know the power she has, and how vulnerable I am.

"You. are. human. Stiles." She says each word in a distinct tone so that I understand. "You don't belong with our kind, and our kind doesn't want you. Not even Scott. You get in our way. You're weak, slow. You are as worthless as....well, you're as worthless as a human."

She grips my throat with her claws pointed in, pricking the skin. I whimper as I feel blood trickling down.

"Scott will thank us for getting rid of you for him. The annoying, human boy who won't leave him alone. He will join us because of what we did to you. I'm sure he would do it gladly. And if you manage to wiggle your way out of this somehow and see him again. If you see a sad look on his face or maybe a look of disappointment...it's probably because he was hoping we would kill you so he wouldn't have to deal with you anymore."

She rips her claws away, leaving shallow gashes behind, and gets up to walk towards the door.

I feel tears burning my eyes as I look down. It can't be true. It's not. Scott would never be happier with me dead. He doesn't care that I'm not a werewolf. He doesn't care that I'm only human.

A/N: Thank you for reading! And thank you BIABUTCHER for adding Leverage to one of your reading lists. :) 

Ok! Next chapter tomorrow morning! Scott's POV. And it will be my longest one yet! I probably should have broken it down into 2 chapters, but I decided that I wouldn't for you guys. So I hope you enjoy it. I love you all!