I'm Fine

Pleased with my wake up call, she tosses the bucket to the side and resumes her usual position next to Deucalion who stands in the doorway.

"What is your answer today, Stiles?" He asks casually.

I shiver violently, my whole body drenched from the ice, cold water. In a way it felt good. As if I had a shower. But it was a short, freezing, unsatisfying shower that was over before I got fully clean.

"No." I say out of habit. I don't really know why I'm saying it anymore. I barely remember the question that it's answering. It's just the response I always give him.

"So be it." They leave the room and one of the twins enter, shutting the door behind him.

I lay on the floor, too afraid to move a muscle. What is it going to be today? What is my next punishment? My nerves are going haywire with the anticipation.

I flinch when he moves towards me, unable to help myself.

He surprises me though. Instead of latching on to me and wailing on me, he takes a seat on the floor in front of me. Something in my head refuses to let me look him in the face, but I know he's staring down at me.

We sit there, never moving, for what seems like hours. My anxiety can barely take it anymore. I have the urge to ask him what he's doing but I don't want me breaking the silence to start a new session of torture.

What is he waiting for? It's driving me crazy not understanding what his motive is.

As if he was reading my mind, he starts to speak to me in a calm voice. "I'm not going to hurt you."

I don't believe him. I just continue to watch a speck on the ground, not making eye contact with him.

"I'm serious." He soothes. "They told me it was my turn to convince you and I don't believe beating the shit out of you is going to do that."

I almost laugh when he says this..Almost. I probably would have if the act didn't feel so foreign.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've eaten in days. I nod my head. Only slightly, but he picks up on it. He twists around to grab a small bag that I didn't realize he brought in with him. His quick movements make me unintentionally recoil as he takes out a few granola bars and a bottle of water.

Seeing the water makes my mouth go dry.

"It would probably be better if you sat up." He tells me while holding the food in front of me.

He's right, of course. And I really, really want that food and water, so I obey him. I wince a little, breathing hard, as I push myself into a sitting position. The pain is becoming familiar to me. I feel it when I move, but I'm growing used to it.

I sit patiently, waiting for my reward for doing what he says. He hands me the water first, unopened. I take it cautiously, not wanting to make him upset with any sudden actions and have him change his mind.

I try to drink the water slowly, but once the taste touches my tongue, I can't help myself and consume it all within a few seconds.

The twin chuckled at me, holding up another water bottle. I grab it, but he doesn't let go. I start to think I did something wrong and worry he won't give it to me when he chuckles again and advises me, "you might want to take this one a little slower."

I nod my head, accepting the second water bottle and only drinking a sip out of it to show him I'm listening.

He proceeds to give me a few granola bars that I demolish without a thought and then a few apples. Nothing has ever tasted so good to me. I guess, with everything that has been happening, I forgot to think about nourishing my body. I never thought it would be an act that I would forget so easily.

"I'm Ethan, by the way." He announces. "I know it's hard to tell the difference between us."

I nod at him, acknowledging what he said.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this quiet." He states.

I think about just nodding again but dismiss it and decide to answer him this time. "I guess that's what happens when you get the shit beaten out of you as much as I've had." It surprises me how hoarse my voice sounds. Must be from all the screaming.

"Yea, I guess." He replies, a little taken aback. It makes me realize that I somewhat snapped at him. I didn't mean to. Especially since he is being so kind to me. Great. I'm the one being treated as a werewolf punching bag, but somehow I feel sorry for him.

"Sorry..."

"No, you're right." He cuts me off. We share a moment of silence before he continues. "Look, I'm not saying that what we are doing is right. But I'm also not saying that what Scott is doing is right either."

He pauses, as if he is contemplating saying something. "He knows you are here and what is happening to you and he still says no. I just don't understand how he can do that to you if you guys are supposed to be best friends."

Memories of my most recent dream come back to me. Scott telling Deucalion that it would be better to just put me out of my misery. That I'm only human and don't belong in his pack.

I know it's only a dream, but it's really screwing with my head. I mean, why else hasn't he come for me yet. They told him multiple times and have tried to reason with him multiple times to save my life and he still hasn't shown up yet. What is so important that he can't get me out of here.

"He doesn't seem like a very good friend if you ask me." Ethan concludes.

We sit there, not saying another word to each other for the remainder of the time that he spends with me. Eventually, I'm disappointed when he packs everything up and leaves me alone to my small, dark room.

I'm tired of being alone. Not implying that I like the Alpha pack's company, but being here with Ethan wasn't too bad. I just hope my dream doesn't come true and Kali doesn't end up killing me.

I miss the kind of company that wants me around.

My friends....My dad.

I wonder what he's doing. If he's out there looking for me or sitting at home getting reacquainted with a liquor bottle. I really hope it's the first one. I don't need my dad losing his job, because me going missing makes him start drinking again.

I hope he knows I'm ok.

Or at least I think I'm ok. Maybe with a few years of therapy, I joke to myself.

No, I am. I tell myself.

I'm fine.

A/N: I just want to say that this has probably been my most favorite chapter to write so far. I enjoyed writing Ethan very much.

What are all your theories for what's going to happen? I'm curious and I love your input. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section. I will do my best to answer them tomorrow morning when I post my next chapter!

I love you guys and thank you for sticking with my story!