An Impossible Sight

It seemed no time had passed at all before the lights were turned back on and the door was reopened. In my usual moment of blindness before my eyes adjust to the brightness, fear that Kali was back for more flooded through me. She didn't give me any time to rest and recuperate. I always lack energy before any of them come in, but I really don't have any at all right now.

The fuzziness in my eyes faded away, and a clear view of Kali walking towards me replaced it. Her claws were out and her face was unreadable. She advanced towards me with a purpose and a flashback of my dream of her slicing my throat made my chest clench in terror. She's going to kill me.

I whimper as I try to scoot away from her, my bindings making it difficult to budge at all. I know I've been through a lot, but I still have no desire to die. There's so many things I want to see and do. I want to graduate high school. I want to go to college. I want to see my friends. I want a normal life. I want to get a job at the Sheriff's station and work with my dad. Finally have a reason to make him proud of me. I just want my dad. I want to see him one last time.

All these thoughts speed through my head in a matter of milliseconds, and while I'm in grief of everything I didn't have a chance to do with my life yet, Kali closes the distance between us. I try to speak out and beg her 'No, please!,' but it is unintelligible.

"Stop your whining," she barks at me, leaning down towards my legs and slashing through the rope, releasing them.

What? What is she doing?

"Get up!" She orders, grabbing me by my collar and hoisting me to my feet. It takes all of my strength to do so, and I still have to have more than half my weight supported by her holding onto my collar. I can tell she is getting aggravated at my feeble attempts to stand. She ends up man-handling me, impatiently pulling me forward and out of the room. She carries most of my weight as I stumble over myself, trying to keep up with her.

Where are we going? What is going on? It's driving me nuts not knowing anything. Is it over? Are they taking me somewhere worse? Are they done with me? Are they finally going to kill me, because I won't help them?

She brings me to a big room. The same room that I found when I ran away. I don't have much of a chance to look at it, because I'm too busy focusing on not falling and moving forward.

We finally stop in what I think is the middle of the room, and I drop to my knees, not able to hold myself up anymore. I breathe heavily, trying to catch my breath and regain any strength that presents itself to me.

I look around the room, collecting my bearing and my eyes land on something impossible.

Scott.

I blink a few times. I have to be hallucinating. I must be. No, I'm not. No matter how many times I reopen my eyes, Scott is standing before me.

Relief floods through me. I'm saved. I'm finally saved.

A chuckle escapes from behind my gag. I'm so happy, I think I might cry. He isn't the only one here either. It looks like he called Derek and Peter. I continue to look around to find Isaac too. They came for me. They all came for me.

I'm so overwhelmed with joy that I barely notice that no one else is sharing my excitement.

My face contorts in confusion. Aren't they happy to see me?

.....And if you manage to wiggle your way out of this somehow and see him again. If you see a sad look on his face or maybe a look of disappointment...it's probably because he was hoping we would kill you so he wouldn't have to deal with you anymore......

Kali's words rang fresh in my head. I scan all of their faces again. I hoped to see some sort of cheerfulness, joy, relief. Something that would say they want to see me and be glad that I'm ok.

Not one of their faces reflect that. They all show sadness. Anguish. Depression. Some even show shock. I suppose I can make sense of all that for the most part. I probably don't look too good right now.

I glance back to looking at Scott. I just want to see one person smile. One person happy to see me....but not even Scott can give me that, and I can see an emotion in his features that no one else is wearing....Disappointment. Just like Kali said.

A rush of realization and hurt crushes me. Is he disappointed in me? Because I couldn't get myself out of here. Because I was too weak to fight back. Because now he is being forced to sacrifice himself to save my pathetic ass? Is he mad at me?

I don't think he realizes how much I've put up with. I stuck up for him every time they tried putting him down. I never said yes to them. I kept as strong as I could. I tried getting out, despite how much pain I was in. I did it all, everything, for him.

It's not my fault! Is that what he thinks? That I'm to blame for all of this?

The word 'human' rings through my head.

.......You aren't a wolf, Stiles. You are a foolish boy who runs with them....... You run with them. They don't run with you......You don't belong with our kind.....

Don't believe it, Stiles! Not for a minute. Stop thinking like that!

My mind is still trying to protect him.

........believe me, he doesn't need you......

She was right though. He doesn't need me. I'm just a human that keeps getting himself into trouble and needing him to save me. I can't ever do anything on my own. I can't ever save myself.

Well, that's wrong! I've been on my own ever since I've been here, and I've been just fine. I don't need him. I don't need anyone.

"So what's your answer, Scott?" Deucalion asks. They must have had a full blown conversation while I've been in my thoughts.

"Yes!" Scott says, no hesitation in his voice. "I'll join you." His face hardens and he stops looking at me. I think I can hear a trace of anger in his tone....anger towards me.

"Wise decision," Deucalion approves.

The next thing I know, my gag and bindings are ripped off, and I head face first into the ground in front of me.

I see Scott rush towards me, arms out to help me up.

"Don't touch me!" I spit out. I can do this on my own. I don't need his help anymore.

Scott takes a step back, stunned at my outburst. I can't find it within me to care right now.

I push myself up, using my arms. They feel like spaghetti, shaking with all the strength I try to force into them.

After a moment, I slowly manage to get to my feet. My knees feeling as if they could collapse at any minute. Isaac stands next to me, a look of worry on his face. I can tell he's only there as a safety net when my legs give out.

I notice Kali walks over to the door that leads outside, and opens it. I stare at her, apprehensive. I'm not too keen to go near her if I don't have to.

It's only when she snickers and walks away from the open door that I start to move towards it. It's a short distance, but feels like a ten mile hike. I use everything I have to not crumple to the ground from exhaustion in front of everyone. I don't want to give them any more of a reason to believe I'm weak.

I walk outside, all the weight lifting off my chest for the first time in....well, I still don't even know how long I've been here. I don't care to find out right now though. I just want to enjoy this feeling. The relief of finally being free.

A/N: Stiles is free! Yay! New chapter will be tomorrow, and it will be in the Sheriff's POV!