Hair and Beauty

We all know that August is coming up and you want to look your best! Lets talk about some hairstyles and beauty products that will help you look your best for the new school year!

~Hair~

This hairstyle is very creative! I would wear this to school on the first day! You can add almost any accessory to this. It's so cute! It is best for longer hair because how much of the hair is used for it and the two side braids go into a long regular braid down your back. I am told that people in the UK are starting school in September! This is for you too!

Braided Flower Tie-Back

I think that this is my favorite. This is very creative too! The braided flower tieback seems as if it would be better for longer hair. The braids look like it actually makes the flower. Maybe it does. I will never know. Now lets check out some of the short hairstyles!

This may be a little messy but it is perfect for beginning the school year. The girls at your school will want to know how you did it! This hairstyle is so easy but looks so complex!

~Beauty~

We all know that it can get chilly in August/September (UK) You would want your face to look flawless for the new school year! Here are some makeup tips for the chilly time of year to keep your face looking amazing!

The usual "Smoky Eye" is used for most of Fall. Don't overdo it though! Smoky Eyes don't have to be showy to make an impact. First, trace along the inner lash lines with a rich espresso brown pencil, such as Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil in Espresso Then use a medium-size brush to diffuse a brown shadow (try Estée Lauder Pure Color Shadow in Cyber Copper) from the lashes to the crease. For creams You should use: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Stone or CoverGirl Smokey ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire Tap the color on your lids first and use what's left over on your fingertip to blend

There is also green eye shadow. Yes, it's green. But it's a rich, jewel-tone kind of green. Not crunchy or earthy. Don't worry girls, I will not let you go out wearing too green eye makeup. Let it spread over the lids of your eyes and wing out at the corners. For a more subtle effect, you can dust lids with gunmetal or charcoal, then press green on top. Either way, apply some mascara after you are finished.

Personally I like the cat eyes the best. Use black eyeliner Liquid and Pencil. You can do it thick or even thin. Don't go crazy with it though. First, draw the outline of the shape you want with black pencil and fill it in with black shadow. For a less intense version, a thick stroke of black liquid liner will do. Try L'Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

You can use Gold Accents! Show off your angelic side with delicate touches of gold on the eyes and cheeks. Trace a gold liner around the eyes or dust a soft white-gold shadow over your lids. Gold also gives skin a candlelit effect when dabbed on the cheekbones. For fair skin, try a beige-gold Like, M.A.C. Lustre Drops in Sun Rush while medium and dark tones should go for something a bit more bronze. Try Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion in Glow

No one has a flawless complexion, but with the right amount of coverage and strategic highlighting, you can fake one. The important thing is for skin to not look like an oil slick, so pick a luminizer without too much shimmer or pigment. Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Luminous is beautiful and subtle on light skin, while Smashbox Halo Highligting Wand in Gold is ideal on medium to dark tones. Dab it around the outer corners of the eyes and down along the cheekbones. Don't forget to add a bit in the Cupid's bow.

Whether your cheeks are flushed from a day at the slopes or a night at the lodge, it doesn't really matter: The illusion of healthy, rosy cheeks is just plain magic. Stick to cream blushes-they're easier to build up and diffuse, and they tend to have a translucent quality that allows you to see the natural texture of your skin underneath. My Favorite Options: Yves Saint Laurent Crème de Blush and Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream in Gerbera

Brows look best when they perfectly frame your eyes, and when they're not pencil-thin (which always looks unnatural). \My best advice for nailing the perfect shape: Put down the tweezers and buy yourself a good brow pencil (try one that's one shade lighter than your natural color), and if your brows grow quickly, use a tube of clear brow gel to keep them tame between appointments. Experts swear by either clear mascara or Revlon Brow Fantasy.

Now lets talk about some skincare products for that pesky new school year!

First lets see the things you could do without buying those products!

When You wake up in the morning, Wash your face! This will take away any sweat and oil that has built up over the night. It will also wake you up a bit more as well as give you a shine-free face for the morning. When washing your face, never use soap, unless it is specific soap for face washing. This is a mistake that many girls make. Normal soap that we use to wash our hands and body can irritate the pores on the face and help acne and pimples get started! When washing your face, use a special facial cleanser or even just water and a cloth, which will be enough to keep the loose skin, oil, and dirt to an acceptable level.

In the morning, After you have had breakfast and brushed your teeth, apply lip balm. You probably already have lip balm laying around your house! This is important especially if you have chapped lips, but even if you don't, it's still a good idea, just to keep your lips looking smooth and kissable.

Put on a bit of Hand cream! If you have dry skin on your hands, put some hand cream on in the morning. Just make sure that you don't put on too much, since it will make your hands oily and slippery.

Now here are some things you could do with bought products.

At night, Cleanse your skin before you go to bed. Buy a facial cleanser. They help remove dirt, oil, and other pore-blockers. Most cleansers will both cleanse and exfoliate your skin.

After Cleansing, Moisturize! For teenagers, this is something that can help you have beautiful skin if done right, or give you loads of acne if done wrong.

After that, Apply MORE lip balm!

Then you Apply the lotions! If your legs are dry from shaving them, moisturize them. The moisturizer you buy for your legs doesn't matter. Just don't use a lightweight moisturizer on them because it won't help. If your hands are dry, this is a great time to apply LOTS and LOTS of hand cream, since it has hours and hours to soak into your skin.

With these tips and tricks, That new school year won't know what's coming for them!

Article by haykaycomet