three

I was starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have left the house. By the time it was our turn to order I was in an extraordinary amount of pain, near tears even.

"Dan go sit down, I'll pay and bring our ice cream." Ade said, when he noticed me gripping the railing for support. I didn't argue, and I found a seat by a window. I was playing with the napkins when I heard a slightly familiar girl voice speak up. (okay i can just imagine dan playing with the napkins like a little baby child im done bye.)

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I waited a few seconds before responding. I looked up into the eyes of a very pissed of girl... Cami... Phil's friend.

"Uhhh Hello?" I said, scared to say anything.

"You need to leave. Right now."

"What?" I'm not going anywhere. I want my fucking double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.

"I don't need to explain anything to you, Dan. But I know that you need to leave before Phil gets back with our ice cream."

"Phil is lactose intolerant..." was all I managed before she was sliding in the booth, pushing me against the window.

"Look, Howell, I thought you were nice before, but that before you used your fuckboy syndrome on Philly. He's fucking too precious for you to fuck with and you need to stay the hell away from him." She went back to their booth without another word, but her eyes said it all. She continued to glare at me, making me uncomfortable. 

"Here ya gooooo." Adrian said happily, setting my ice cream in front of me. He sat next to me, instead of across, and I looked at him like he was insane. "What? You think I didn't see that psycho girl cussing you out? If she's gonna give you dirty looks, I'm going to give her dirty looks right back." He took a spoonful of his mint chocolate chip ice cream.  "And I can't do that if my back is facing her. "

I smiled fondly at my little brother. I don't know what I would do without him. "Thanks Ade." I whispered. I then spent the rest of the time solely focused on my ice cream. That shit was amazing.

"Lets go Dan. The next viewing of Jurassic World is in 30 minutes." Adrian whined, his back leaning against me as he played on his phone.

"Fine. Fine. Get off of me you cow." I laughed. I picked up all our trash, along with the napkins that I'd played with. Adrian yet again took a protective stance over me as I scooted out of the booth. He looked over to where Cami and Phil looked to be having the time of their lives, laughing at something on Phil's phone.

"Stop looking Dan." Adrian whispered in my ear. "You'll make it worse for yourself." I nodded and walked past their table. I took note of when I assumed Phil saw me. His laughter faltered and both of them became silent. My heart ached and all I wanted to do was hug Phil, but I couldn't. If I did I'm sure Cami would have my head on a plate. Not to mention Phil obviously wanted nothing to do with me. I didn't dare look their way as we exited the small ice cream shop. I Wish I had stayed home. I thought as I wiped away a single tear.

A/N

I love Adrian so much omg. Be prepared for a lot more brotherly love in this book.

Thank you guys for reading and commenting, i love you all so much ❤️❤️❤️ -Ciara