thirteen

That night Phil didn't go home. He slept beside me just like the night before. My arms wrapped protectively around his torso, our legs intertwining. For a while I just laid there, listening to his breathing, occasionally kissing the back of his head.

I wish I had stood up for him sooner. Who knows how many beating and harsh words I could have saved him from if i wasn't such a coward.

"Dan go to sleep." Phil mumbled, turning his body so he was facing me.

"I'm sorry, i didn't mean to wake you up." I whisper, planting a small kiss on his forehead.

"You didn't wake me up, i have to pee." he giggled lightly and started getting out of the bed. I missed his warmth as soon as he left. I checked my phone for the time , 2:19 am. Wow i really do need to sleep, or tomorrow is going to be hell.

The toilet flushed and I heard the faucet turn on. I waited patiently for Phil to return, and I let out a sigh when he finally came out of the bathroom.  "Hurry up, I'm cold."

"You have a blanket silly."

"But I want you to be my blanket." I heard him chuckle before he got back on the bed. He wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me slowly.

"You're so strange Dan Howell."

"I could say the same about you, Mr. Lester."

"Oh god don't call me that please."

"okay.... Mr. Phil. Oh what about Doctor Phil?"

"Go to sleep already." He buried his head in my chest and hugged me tighter. I tried to ignore the pleasure that brought me, but the longer he was near me the more impossible it became.

"Damnit Phil. You have no idea the effect you have on me." I grumbled, turning away from him.

"Dan, don't let me go." Phil whimpered, trying to turn me back around.

"Phil stop. I cant sleep on that side anyway." He gave up and huffed. I also felt him scoot farther away. A pang of guilt shot through my chest, but I ignored it until I felt myself slowly drift into unconsciousness. 

unedited