nine

Within minutes we were back at home, and I unlocked the door and  carried the coffee inside before going back out for Adrian. I debated waking him up, or trying to carry him again.

I started with unbuckling his seatbelt, and moving his arms out of the way. Then I handed Phil his headphones and phone, so I wouldn't drop them.

Despite my being extra careful, Adrian still woke up as soon as I lifted him out of the car. But surprisingly enough, instead of rolling out of my arms, he wrapped his arms around my neck and buried his head in my shoulder. "I'm sorry Dan." he mumbled. I just sh'ed him and carefully walked inside the house. He pushed away, and i let him down, keeping my arm on his back to steady him. "Why are we back home?"

"I'm not feeling school today. And I didn't think you would mind staying in to get some sleep." I answered, taking a drink from my coffee that Phil handed me. "Mom knows, and she's fine with it." I added when he started looking worried.

"Um... well thanks." He said awkwardly, heading upstairs.

"Adrian?" he looked back at me. "I love you." He turned around and tackled me in a bear hug.

"I'm so sorry Dan, I was such an ass. Thank you for putting up with my shit."   I couldn't help but smile as I hugged him tighter. I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have Ade.

"Now go upstairs and get some sleep. I'll put your coffee in the fridge, but Phil might eat your donut." Ade snickered and gave Phil a warning look.

"Don't touch my donut Phil." he punches Phil on the shoulder lightly before walking up the stairs to his room.

"I'm glad you guys made up." Phil says, breaking the silence.

"Yea."

"Dan can we talk about... us?"

"i was about to ask you the same thing."

unedited

The Aftermathजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें