fourteen

I woke up with a pounding in my head. No doubt a result of my lack of sleep. Soon after, I realized the obvious empty space next to me, a note in his place.

"I went home to change, see you in school."

i rolled my eyes. Dan why do you have to screw everything up?!

I went to Adrian's room to wake him up, only to find that he was already awake, but still in his pj's.  "Hey we don't have school today, it snowed like an inch, and everyone is freaking out, so school was canceled." He hadn't bothered to look up from his phone. I just nodded and headed back to my room, missing Phil.

I decided to call him to make sure he was okay, and he picked up on the 5th ring.

"Hey Dan." he sounded upset.

"Hey Philly.... Why did you go?" there was a silence on the other side.

"I-I just need some time to myself for now."

"Okay. But you could have waited until the morning, so i could have driven you home. What if something happened to you?"

"I'm fine so there is no need to dwell on what could have happened." He answered, annoyance clear on his voice.

"If you're going to be an ass i'm just going to hang up."  My reply was in fact, the other end of the call hanging up. I took my phone away from my ear and stared at it. unbelievable.

We just became official yesterday, and if he already "needs time for himself" what does that mean for the future?

I ignored the though and went back to Adrians room. "Hey Ade do you want to go shopping?"

"Nope."

"Alright." I looked back at my phone. It was only 6:50 in the morning and I could already tell that today was going to suck major ass. I walked to my room and threw myself on my bed.

"Why does everyone hate me?" I asked out loud.

"YOU CAN'T JUST BARGE INTO MY HOME. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HIM." I sat up quickly as I heard multiple loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I heard someone basically break open Adrian's door, followed by him yelling many profanities. Not long after, my own door was flown open, followed by 3 cops.

"Daniel Howell you are under arest for the attempted murder of Shane Emge, and Cody Jones. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the of court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you can not afford one.."

"Yea I know, one will be appointed to me. Thanks." I snapped, pissed off at how tight they put the cuffs around my wrists. They roughly led me out of my room, causing pain in my side. I whimpered as they basically threw me down the stairs.

I looked over at my mom, she looked furious, but tears were still falling from her eyes. My dad was on the phone, no doubt with my lawyer. One cop pushed my head forward. "walk faster" he spat, a cruel smile on his face. I bit my tongue to keep from incriminating myself further. This cop... was Shane's brother.

I was thrown into the back of the car, landing on my side. I struggled to sit upright. The two other cops walked to their cars and drove off first.

The full effect of this entire situation finally hit me as I was being taken away from my family, I watched as my mom had her hand on her mouth, tears flowing down her face. I tore my eyes away from my house, tears threatening to slip out of my own eyes.

unedited