Summons

For the few readers who need this story. :) Remember, every individual is important, and it matters just as much that the one gets light as the many. 

And thanks. 

            He still couldn't sleep. Outside it was still dark, though without the moon he couldn't estimate how soon dawn would come. The blackness, speckled with fewer stars than normal, unnerved him. What if some of the Twili were still wondering around? Would they attack the village? And what of this weakening boundary? And if Luna wasn't the moon spirit, why had she come around right when all this had begun to happen? But the question that haunted him most came with almond orange eyes with a mischievous glint.

Could Midna come through the gap as well, or vice versa?

With all these question swirling about his head along with his own self-loathing, sleep kept being shoved aside before it could take him completely. It seemed the more tired he got, the harder it became to fall asleep.

Insomnia sucked big time.

Grumbling in annoyance to himself he flung himself back on his back and pressed the balls of his hands into his eyes. Why wouldn't Fado take him seriously when he said he had a hard time sleeping? But no! The man insisted he was just trying to make excuses and that he was the same person he had been before the whole twilight fiasco. Before then he had slept in too. And Link could only furiously wonder why everyone saw him as though he had never left Ordon, never lived through hell, never killed Ganon, never left his best friend and...

A rush of air sounded, and for a brief moment he thought the door had fallen open. Then there came a soft 'whoompf' next to his bed. Something incredible soft brushed against his bare leg. Flinching in surprise, he sat up and turned.

Crouched at his bedside with her wings held out for balance was the strange, winged young woman he had named Luna. Her blue eyes twinkled despite the lack of light. In the cramped space of his loft she had a clumsy time getting her wings to fit, which had to be at least thirteen feet wide from tip to tip.

He quickly made sure his blanket was covering the important bits.

"L-Luna! You surprised me. Did you...did you fly up here?" Boy that was weird to say.

She nodded before cocking her head to the side and lifted her eyebrows in concern. He could almost read what she was saying, though her paper and pencil weren't nearby.

"What? You worried about me?"

Another nod. Then she mimicked sleeping and gave him a pointed look. He sighed.

"I just...I just have a hard time sleeping of late. It's nothing."

Her brow wrinkled nonetheless. Then, after tucking her wings back tightly, she reached out a tentative hand to him. They trembled as she gently pushed him, urging him to lie back down. Curious, he did as she insisted. When his head sat in the pillow once more, her fingers fluttered up to his face. He thought he saw the small stone on her head glow an iridescent, indistinct color before her soft fingertips brushed his eyelids closed. A peculiar, pleasant heaviness came over him.

"Wh--what are you...doing?" the last word came out a weak whisper. He couldn't have opened his eyes even if he wanted too. For a second a panic born of instinct came over him. He couldn't move! So tired, so...sleepy. But even as the panic rose, words were spoken—no, sung, for no voice could speak so heavenly—and calm as he hadn't known for years melted him. They could have been the words of a mother.