Second day, 9pm

Thatcher's POV:

I cant believe my dad had left me alone for pretty much the whole afternoon. I listen patiently for his car to come back, but I haven't heard anything since noon...I'm getting really scared that he doesn't want anything to do with me now. I can't stop thinking that maybe if I wasn't his son, none of this would have happened, except maybe us having a romantic relationship...NO!!! If I think like that, then I will definitely not hear his car...which is pulling into the driveway right now!!

I immediately bolt down the stairs, throwing the front door open, barely catching it before the handle made a hole in the wall. My dad was standing there, dried tear tracks streaming down his face, blood shot eyes, and smelling of alcohol.

"Da...Jacob? Are you alright?"

"So it's Jacob now is it? Made the decision that I'm no longer your father, huh?"

"NO!! I...I...I want to try having a relationship with you, outside of 'father and son'." I barely whispered it, hoping that he wouldn't look at the flaming blush spreading across my face, and most likely going down my neck. I had barely made the decision to start a romantic relationship with my adopted father once I realized the full extent of my own feelings for him after his confession.

"Are you sure? Things between us could drastically change, both here and at school if people were to find out about us..."

"I don't CARE!! I want THIS!! I want you to be my boyfriend, my lover, my everything here in this house, and be my dad outside, at least until after tomorrow...if that's alright?"

"I will oblige with anything you wish Thatcher. I've loved you for a few years now, but it's hard to tell someone when you are suppose to be their father, not their lover. I can't believe you made that decision in this short amount of time. I love you, truly."

"I love you too. Come in, I'll made dinner or we can order a pizza?"

"Pizza sounds amazing right now. And some cuddling on the couch, if you're up for it?"

"I'm up for almost anything right now. ALMOST anything haha!!"

I went to call in the pizza while Jacob chose what we watched. I seriously can't believe I'm starting a romantic relationship with him, the day BEFORE graduation! What am I even thinking?!? That I'm really in love with him, and no matter what anyone says about it, I'm going to love him for as long as he lets me.

"Come here Thatcher. Let me hold you, just for a little bit."

I couldn't help myself. I sunk down into his arms and let myself be held by the man that went from being my adopted father, to the man I fell in love with. Everything was changing, and quickly. I wonder how well my friends will take it once I decide to tell them after graduation is over...

Please, God, let me keep him forever and not just for a day...