Chapter 2

Recommended Song:
Welcome To My Life ~ Simple Plan

-----------------------------------------------------

Jule's POV

A month.

It's been a month since I was put inside this stupid cottage house in the middle of nowhere. 

When my mom came home that day, I went immediately to her and at first she was terrified. I didn't blame her but then thought I was playing a prank until I showed her it wasn't a prank. Especially since during our talk, the hair grew even more. I can easily remember that day.

The moment I got home I noticed my mom's car in the driveway. Sighing, I knew this was going to be difficult but she loved me no matter what, right? At least I hope she does. But as I was walking up the steps to the house I was getting more and more nervous. Does she even believe that magic exists? Most likely not. Though the moment I walked in through the door, I heard her call out my name.

"Julian? Is that you?"

"Yeah mom. It's me."

"Can you come here for a second?" She called from the kitchen as nerves sent through me more. 

"Sure!"

What am I suppose to say to her? No? That's my mom and she can easily tell when something is up with me. So I just tugged my hood down further and pulled the strings so just my face was barely showing then I went into the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"Can you--why are you where that hoodie inside? Isn't it a tad too warm to be wearing that?"

"Yeah but I've just been chilly lately. Think I'm getting sick."

"But you were fin-"

"I'll be okay mom. But what did you need?"

"I can't seem to remember but while you're in here can you please set up the table for lunch?"

"Sure mom," I told her with a smile before I walked by her to get the plates and silverware. What I didn't expect was for her to pull my hood off then scream.

"What happened to you?!"

"Um...what are you talking about?" I asked as if nothing major was happening right infront of her.

"What am I talking about?! How about the fact that your entire body from neck up has hair growing quickly. There's black outlined veins all over your arms and two on your cheek! What happened?!"

"Mom if I told you the truth you wouldn't believe me."

"Nonsense. You know I always believe you. So tell me what happened."

"Alright....well this kid at my school cursed me."

"Cursed you? Like magic?"

"Yeah. He put a curse on me. At least that what he told me when I followed him to his house and questioned him all about this." She only nodded in response as I stood there confused. Confused on why she was taking this all so well. "Mo-"

"Go get in the car. I'll be right there."

"What? Mo-"

"Julian. Car. Go now." She said sternly as I sighed and pulled my hood back up before going outside to her car. Getting in the passenger's seat, I took my phone out and saw I had a few texts from Joce. Opening them, I read them and saw they were just saying how she was about to go up and how her team won. She even posted a few pictures on Instagram with her friends and holding the trophy.