Chapter 4

Recommended Song:
Shy Girl ~ O-Town

-----------------------------------------------------

Jule's POV

For the last three hours, I have just been staring at the clock as every second seconds, each hand slowly moved. All I could think about was Nicole's birthday party and how bad I feel for missing out on it. Again, I know it's not at big sixteenth birthday or anything but I have never missed any of Nikki's birthday and I just can imagine the excuse she came up to tell my dad, brother and Nikki. 

Soon I got sick of just sitting inside so I grabbed my hoodie and placed it on before leaving what I now called home. And yes I know I have fur all over me now and am in the middle of nowhere but you never know when you may bump into someone andd just something in my gut was telling me I may bump into someone tonight. So I listened to my gut and put on my hoodie. Which also was a bright idea because it was really chilly outside.

I walked along a familiar path before taking a random turn then continued walking. I have been living here for so long and had nothing much to do that I learned a five mile radius, maybe more, with my house being the center point. I most likely knew beyond that but I know for sure it is around a five mile radius I have memorized.

Around thirty minutes into my walk, I noticed a girl walking around who was in soaking wet clothes. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to follow her around for a while. She looked lost after a little bit and was very obvious that she has never been over in this area. Continuing to follow her, she eventually stopped at a tree before falling asleep. 

The entire time during the walk, I kept a fair distance but once I saw she was passed out, I decided to get closer to her. She looked drained from energy and if she stayed out here for another couples hours, she would for sure get sick. The sound of howls caught my attention and I had to make a quick decision on taking this random stranger to my house or leaving her here--where she could get sick, or even worse die.

The good side of me controlled my mind tonight and I picked her up in one swift movement. I stood still just to make sure she wasn't waking up. Last thing I need is this random girl screaming for seeing a 'monster' then running off and possibly getting herself into even more danger. A few moments went by and this girl was still passed out.

Quickly getting worried, I checked to make sure she still had a pulse and wasn't already dead. Luckily, she did have a pulse and was breathing at a steadily rate. Nonetheless, I placed her back down before taking my jacket off and laid it over the top of her then picked her back up. Last thing I need now is a girl to die with my DNA all over her, especially with my mom not wanting to me to communicate with anyone. Yet again she wants my curse to be broken? I know makes no sense but I just shrug it off. 

The walk back to my house seemed quicker than the walk I was taking. Yet again, I did decide to follow some random girl knowing no clue on where she was going. At this point I am just letting my mind take me back because the more I thought about things the more they became complicated and I am too tired to deal with all of this.

In no time though I reached the cabin with this brunette still passed out in my arms. It was a bit of a struggle opening the door but I did manage to do it. Closing the door behind me with my foot, I walked over to the living room and laid her down on the couch before getting her an actual blanket to cover her with. I knew my hoodie wasn't going to keep her warm all night and she would need somewhat of an actual blanket to keep her warm. Again, I don't need this girl dying on me especially with all my DNA actually all over her now.

Once covering her with a dark brown soft blanket, I placed her string bag beside the couch then turned the lights off before heading upstairs to my bedroom. Once I shut and locked the door, I stripped down to my boxers then laid in my bed sighing. I had absolutely no clue what I was going to do with this complete stranger. Maybe when I wake up in the morning she will have already woken and left. That most likely will happen, right?