Chapter Nine: Drinks and Dares

*Okay, so I've been looking forward to this chapter for a while, and I'm really sorry it took so long to finish! Please vote, comment, fan, or whatever! Love you guys!*

          I crossed my arms across my chest and stared at my handiwork. Okay, the tree didn’t look terrible. That was about all that I could hope for. It was basically just a mass of green, interrupted frequently with shiny tinsel and a random spattering of ornaments. And my jeans were covered in excess glitter that made me look like a disco ball.

          With a sigh, I walked across the room and flopped onto the couch, not caring how messy I was. It was ten minutes until six o’clock, and my arms were sore from trying to reach the top of the tree. Damn my shortness.

          “Mo, you’re getting glitter all over my couch!” Stark complained, strolling into the room, one hand behind his back.

          I laughed. “Sorry,” I said unconvincingly. It was a leather couch; he could just wipe it off. “Did you buy food? Like, actual food, and not just booze?” I asked, changing the subject.

          “Yes, mother,” he sighed dramatically. “It’s in the fridge; get it out when you want it.”

          I smirked and crossed my arms behind my head. “Excellent.” He nodded and moved away, walking backward. I sat up, eyeing him suspiciously. “Wait, what’s in your hand?”

          Stark smiled. “Nothing.”

          I stood, glitter falling to the floor as I did so. “Don’t lie to me.”

          “I’m not lying.” He brought his hands around and held them up for me to see. The only problem? They were clenched into fists.

          I stuck my lower lip out in a pout, hands on my hips. “Tell me.”

          “The proof is right in front of you, crazy! I’m clean!” he protested, backing away from me, fists still raised protectively in front of his face. There was a wicked gleam in his eyes that I didn’t like.

          I sprung forward, arms outstretched. They circled his body, causing my face to smash into his chest, and both of us to crash to the floor. My nose was sore from the collision, but I probably wasn’t in as much pain as he was, although he didn’t look too bad. “Tell meeee!” I screeched, drawing out the last word in a painfully high octave.

          “Get your fat ass off me,” Stark moaned, ignoring me and pushing me off him with one hand. The other remained firmly closed around his dirty little secret.

          I rolled over and lay sprawled on the floor, splayed out like I was making a snow angel. “You are a horrible person, Stark.”

          He laughed and shrugged it off. “Yeah, I know.”

          “You’re not going to tell me, are you?”

          “Nope.” I moaned loudly, in an overdramatic way. “Mo, come on. You’re acting childish.”

          I sat up, rested my elbows on my knees, and eyed him reproachfully. “I don’t approve of secrets, Stark,” I began in a businesslike manner. “And it pisses me off that you won’t tell me. So, if you decide not to, I will ‘respect’ that answer and instead turn to making your life a living hell.” My voice dripped with venom, and then turned to sound like Nick Fury. “It’s your choice. Pick the right one.”

          Stark raised his eyebrows. “I’ve been in hell for several years. What harm could you possibly do?”

          I gave him another pouty glare before jumping on his stomach, pummeling him lightly with my fists. Yes, childish, but who cares? It’s Christmas! “You’re so mean!” I yelled, annoyed. He just shook his head in amazement.