Epilogue: New Beginnings

*Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is the final chapter of Animo. And it's short as hell, but it's an epilogue, after all. No worries, my lovelies, there's going to be a sequel. The first few chapters will probably be released on October 21, 2014, which is an awkward Tuesday, but that's my birthday and I like to make things symbolic. Heheh. Anyway, the sequel is called Arrows. Enjoy this final chapter, guys! It's been a pleasure writing it for you all!*

Epilogue: New Beginnings

Cameras were shoved into my face from every angle. Adam tightened his grip on my hand and gave me an ecstatic smile. My mom and dad were standing a few feet away, looking on with the same happy expression as Adam. Adam was staying by my side as a form of protection. They just got me back. They're not willing to lose me again.

When I woke up that morning, it was to my mother screaming. She'd walked into my room, not realizing that I was asleep in my bed. When she flicked my light on, I jerked awake, rubbing my eyes and asking what was going on. She'd nearly fainted at the sight of me.

Now the cameras were surrounding my house, filming me for the news. Apparently my disappearance caused quite the disruption. Everyone was wondering where the young girl from Iowa had run off too. Everyone from town was out here as well, cheering and clapping and welcoming me home. I was so glad to be back.

"Mo, can you tell us where you've been for the last year?" one reporter asked, sticking a microphone in my face.

I pondered what to say for a second. Did I want to tell them that I was with the Avengers in New York for all that time, and that I was secretly Animo, fighting the aliens alongside them? Was it okay to tell the world that?

No, probably not, I decided. "I don't know," I lied. "It's all really fuzzy."

"But you must have some idea," the woman pressed, inching closer to me.

I shook my head. "No."

"Any details you can give us about your kidnappers?" another reporter, a man, inquired.

"Mo!" someone shouted. I turned my head to see Brendon pushing through the crowd, Brayden in tow. He threw his arms around me, pulling me tightly against him and pressing a kiss to my forehead. I winced slightly, favoring the wound on my stomach which still hurt when too much pressure was applied to it. "You're home."

I grinned and rested the side of my head on his shoulder, feeling better than I had in a long time. "Yeah, I'm home," I replied.

The woman reporter from before stuck her microphone in my face again. "Mo, is this your boyfriend?"

My face turned pink. "Uh..."

"Yes," Brendon cut in, twirling me around and kissing my lips. I blushed like crazy when he pulled back and shot Adam and apologetic look. When Brendon grabbed me, my brother got shaken off.

I looked back to the reporter. "Um, yes. Yes, he is."

Everyone in the audience said "aww" except for my dad and my brother. They were glaring at Brendon disapprovingly.

The male reporter got in my face again. "Come on, Mo! You've got to tell the public who it was that had kidnapped you so they can be found and put behind bars." There was a collective cheer from the crowd. "So, out with it then!"

I looked at my parents, who were giving me anxious looks. They didn't appear to want me to reveal where I'd really been for a year. As if I'd tell on my friends. And then I looked to Brendon, who was smiling down at me with the happiest look in his eyes. My heart beat just a little faster seeing him looking at me so adoringly.

I leaned into Brendon and returned my attention to the reporter. "It doesn't matter anymore," I told him. "I'm home now. It's over."

To Be Continued in Arrows

Final Author's Note: Do I have any My Chemical Romance fans reading this? Yes? No? If yes, I'm about to post the first three chapters of my Killjoy fan fiction, Asylum. I think it's pretty good... RosaleeElisabeth read over the entire thing already, and she gave me the thumbs up. So, even if you're not a huge fan of the band, it's based off of their music videos for "Na Na Na" and "SING". It's not to hard to follow, so you should check it out.

Also, I've you've not read it, you should read My Animal. It's the exact same storyline as Animo, but everything is from Clint Barton's perspective instead. It's going to be finished very shortly, as soon as I get my ass in gear and stop watching Mulan. Oops. My friend is doing a bad job of keeping me on track.

Until next time, my Avengers fans! See you October 21!

Update: The prologue to Arrows is out now!