*6*

Stone

He took a deep breathe before entering the room. He had stood out for quite some time trying to gain the courage to do what he is about to do. Once inside, the occupants turn to look at him. He freezes mid-step and stares back with his mouth hanging open.

"Zack?"

His cousin was there in person and not in his room like he always is.

"Hello, Stone. It's been a while."

Stone wants to hug the living shit out of him, but doesn't know how he'll take it. When they were younger, Zack and Stone would hang out with each other and cause trouble for the staff. But, then the accident happened and Zack lost the ability to use his legs. Ever since, Zack was mad at the world and would ignore or lash out at everyone even his best friend and cousin, Stone. It got so bad for Stone that he started to make excuse so he wouldn't have to go to any family event involving his hurt cousin who would spit in his face and insult him out of anger. And poor Stone who didn't know what to do would go cry in a corner because his only playmate at the time wouldn't even look at him, much less comfort him. And now, here he was smiling at him as if nothing happened. Stone steeled his face and turn toward Micah, who was watching him intently.

"Micah, when you finish can you come find me so that I may speak with you about something."

His voice was strained and he knows that Micah would ask him about it later. Even now, Micah had a look of worry on his face. Stone just shook it off and waited for Micah to nodded his agreement. Once he did, Stone gave him a brief ghost of a smile and walked out the door without even glancing at the other man. If he did then he wouldn't have missed the regretful look that passed the disable man's face.

*****

Stone was pacing around his room. His anger and his nervousness clashing causing his mind to enter a chaotic state. He was angry at his cousin, but he was nervous for the talk with Micah. He couldn't stall it anymore. He needed to have this talk with him. Stone stopped pacing when a new question arose. Why did Zack even come out of his room? Stone thought that he'd be happy when his cousin would look at him with a smile again, but he wasn't. The resentment and grief was a shock to him. He thought he'd forgive Zack if he'd just look at him the same way he did before the accident. He suppose that twelve years is too long to hold out the hope of going back to normal. Somewhere along the line it turned into rage. Oh well, nothing he could about it now. All he could do was wait for Micah now and hope that Zack leaves him alone. Just as he thought this there was a knock on his door. He took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Um you wanted to speak to me."

Stone smiled at Micah's nervous rambling.

"Don't worry. Your job is safe. I just wanted to ask you a quick question. Feel free to say no if you don't feel like doing it. But I'm hoping you say yes. Anyways, I was wondering if perhaps you would consider possibly maybe -well I don't want you to feel obligated to say yes so again please feel free to say no"

Stone mentally cursed himself for rambling He looked over at Micah who seems to have lost his own nervousness and is now attempting to fight a smirk from making its way on to his face. the key word there is "attempting" meaning that he wasn't very successful in his battle. Stone narrowed his eyes.

"Are you laughing at me?"

"Wha? No!"

Micah let a giggle slip out and Stone could feel his heart flutter at the sound.

"That giggle was cute so I'll let it go."

Micah looks down and Stone could swear he saw a blush creep up his cheeks. Stone took a deep breath and shook off all other thoughts besides what he needs to ask before he goes crazy.