Eustass Kidd

~tis a X child! Reader! not your favorite? Skip over it! I'll make a normal one soon!~
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Eustass was currently stomping through the current little town he landed upon on his travels. "Damn map, are you sure that we didn't get the wrong direction!?" He wouldn't admit that he was the one who had landed them on the small island.

Nope. Never Eustass Captain Kidd's fault! How could one even come to that conclusion? How dare they even suspect him, a total hot bad boy genius, to get them lost!? Count your luck again, maybe ask Hawkins to tell a bit after he's calmed down after his temper tantrum.

"Captain, maybe you should watch out-" "Don't tell me what to do, Heat! Are you the captain?" A nervous head shook. "Didn't think so, so don't tell me to watch out-" just then he tripped over a small little stump, or perhaps something more....life-like...

He looked down a the small little thing that dared trip The Eustass Kidd. He saw a small, and ever so frightened child.

They were dirty, their s/c skin covered in dirt and bruises. The small little pair of goggles they held were broken and the plastic was busted in the lenses. Their hair was disheveled and a few small sticks stuck from the h/c locks.

Eustass felt a small ping of sadness towards the small child that stood in front of him, but the hell he'd show it.
A tap interrupts his thoughts as Killer pointed to the small child and back towards the way the ship was docked. Eustass immediately shook his head.

"I can't keep a snot covered brat on my ship!" He looked back at the other three crewmates and they all shrugged in unison.

"Well we can't just leave it here, Eustass."

"Like hell we can't, they probably have a family... Probably." He looked down at the small child and he raised a non existent eyebrow.

The small child shook their head, looking down slightly at the ground. Killer crossed his arms, lightly tapping his foot and waiting for a certain someone to make up their damn mind.

Eustass looked back and forth between the child and killer.

Back and forth
Back and forth
Back and

"Alright alright! But I'm not touching them! Killer you pick it up since it was your idea!" Eustass stormed past the rest of the crew as Killer delicately picked up the child.

He looked down at the kid, gently clearing his throat. "What's your name kid?"

The child smiled, and pulled on his mask gently. "My name is Y/n!"

•small timeskip•

A few hours later, after they had cleaned and fed Y/n, everything went back to accord. They sailed in the correct direction and everything was going swimmingly. That was until a certain someone got a bit too possessive over a little thing.

"Y/n don't touch that! You'll get hurt and I can't afford a crying little brat!"

Kidd quickly grabbed a screwdriver you were trying to play with and held it out of your reach.

"But I want to build stuff too!" Kidd rolled his eyes.

"Its more than just directions and screws kiddo, I can't have you getting hurt because you accidentally stuck something in the wrong place or you stuck yourself with something that I can't help with, I'm not a doctor."

Y/n nodded knowingly.

"I know you're not a doctor, you're a engineering-y person, right? One of those people that can build things they can use in battle thingies, right?"

Kidd couldn't deny his overwhelming attitude towards you, despite your age you knew a lot about what he did.
"Yeah that's about right squirt."

You giggled.

"Say...how do you know so much about my...'engineering-y' stuff? You have some kind of teacher or something?"

You shook your head, causing your H/c locks to fall in your eyes.

Kidd brushed them away and looked down at you.

"You see, people on my island didn't like the idea that poor people could learn...or ever read...but I got my hands on a few books and one just so happened to be about engineering-y thingies and stuff like mechanics."

Kidd looked down at you. Stunned. Shocked. He couldn't think about anything.

"You're telling me that you read about mechanics and stuff like that....for fun?"

You nodded a small giggle escaping your lips.

He pursed his lips and pulled you onto his lap.

"Tell me something kiddo, do you just so happen to have this book of 'engineering-y' things with you?"

You nodded and hopped down from his lap and ran out of the room to grab a small little book out of your worn out bag.

You quickly ran back and sat back down in his lap and opened the book up to the first page.

You pointed to a specific picture.

"See there? That's a picture of a little metal car that you could build with the right bolts and nuts."

Kids eyes scanned over the words. Not being an avid reader himself, he let you talk him over the words and different types of mechanical things, much to your approval.

When you got done with a certain chapter, he could hear a faint yawn escape you as you leaned into his chest.

"I'm tired, Captain.."

Kidd stiffened, and slowly wrapped an arm around your small frame.

"It'll be Kidd to you, squirt."

He gently cradled you in his arms and walked down the hallway and into his room, settling you on the bed and covering you up with a throw blanket.

"Kidd..."

He turned around as he made his way to the door, hand on the knob.

"yeah, squirt?"

"Thank you." You yawned and turned over, falling asleep.

"You're welcome..." He muttered opening the door and stepping back into the silent hallway. Well almost silent.

Killer sat against the wall on the other side of the kitchen and tapped his arm with an 'I told you so' aura.

"Yeah I know just shut up!"

He crossed his arms as Killer made his way into the kitchen.

"Damn squirt.."