#ShaRin

A very belated birthday present to my deary rinku #ShaRin for lief

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why was it so difficult for him to express his feelings the way he wanted to? It was like all his work and hard efforts were nothing but pointless and agonizingly hopeless.

It never seemed to click why he couldn't. Maybe it was because she might shrug it off as a joke, he was a jokester, but something like this? How could she not take it seriously!?

He'd given her flowers, candies, he event went so far as to buy her some kind of perfume she like so much. But for what? Nothing.

Not saying he didn't enjoy the little reactions she gave him.

Every time she'd open a box her eyes would light up with that familiar haze of joy, the way her cheeks would flush against her skin, or just the way her lips would curl into the most adorable little smile.

That was all he wanted, but why wasn't he satisfied?

He knew why, because he wanted her to himself.  All to himself and nobody else.

He didn't want anyone else to hug her, touch her, or even look at her the way he did. And if someone dared touch her then he knew he'd most likely lose his mind.

But this wasn't like him at all, why was he acting like this? Acting like this over just one person?

But she wasn't just a person.

She was a nice, caring, compassionate and beautiful person, and he knew that he just had to hold onto her even if it was just for a moment or two.

Even if he knew it would never feel like enough.

And here he was again, watching her do the simplest of tasks while his heart fluttered around his chest.

Really, the man could watch her do anything and he'd never get bored.

"Rinku."

Just saying her name made him smile, another warm feeling flowing through his chest.

Her head turned slowly in his direction, a small hum escaping through her lips as her eyes rose to his.

"Yes...?"

He cleared his throat slightly, thinking of what to say.

He didn't think he'd get this far.

"Well...I uh..."

He coughed into his fist, rubbing his hands together as his faze shifted to the wooden deck.

"You...?"

"I was wondering if you'd maybe like to go out with me just for a little bit."

He felt his cheeks light up in a crimson as his eyes locked onto her own beautifully dark gems.

"I..I'd like to..yes.."

She arose from the deck, keeping her eyes traced on the figure of the red headed captain.

"Great! Great.."

His eyes lingered on hers for a few moments longer, another wave of red slowly easing onto his cheeks.

"But, if you wouldn't mind..could we just stay on the ship..? I haven't been..very well..."

He blinked, staring at her with that clueless look of his.

Why was she not feeling well? What was wrong with her!? Why hadn't she told him sooner!?

Was she sea sick? Perhaps even Ill? Had she told the doctor?