Coby

You sigh, getting up from the chair in your office and open your door, leaning in the doorway.

You heard the footsteps of a few soldiers a couple meters away and nodded to them. The lot of them immediately saluting back.

You smile softly as you look around for your pink headed partner, he always seemed to swim around your office at this time of day, and you needed someone to talk to.

'The hell is he at?'

Your thoughts were broken through when a group of Vice Admirals walked past and gave you a knowing nod and a few waves.

You bowed your head slightly and smile as Coby comes running to your side, his hand glued to the side of his forehead.

"Vice Admiral Y/n!"

You chuckle and place his hand down, patting his shoulder.

"Greetings Coby, please, come in with me."

You saw the look on his face diminish from that of a marine captain to that of a child about to be scolded.

You walked in with him trailing behind you, sitting down in your nice chair. He closes the door, and sits in front of you.

"Wh-what do you want to talk with me about Vice Admiral?"

You hum and slide the coat on your shoulders off, draping it on the chair behind you.

"Just wanted to talk with my loyal little Coby, is that a problem?"

He shook his head and blushed softly, looking at you sheepishly.

You smile and run your hands along the wall behind you as you walked.

"Why do you want to talk with me, Vice Admiral?"

You sigh and look his way, a blush sprouting on his face.

"Knock the formalities off, we're not in the presence of officials anymore, Coby."

He nods and gulps thickly.

"Okay...Y/n."

"Good, now."

You make your way back to your seat, crossing your arms behind your head and propping your feet up on the desk.

"Talk to me Coby, what's been going on?"

"W-well.."

He swallowed and looked at you with a kind of glint in his eye.

"A few of the other subordinates have been promoted to lieutenant of a few of the admirals as of vice admirals."

His voice quivered as he sighed and looked at you sorrowfully.

"And other lieutenants are being replaced by others to accompany other admirals."

"And you're telling me this because, Coby?"

He stood from his chair and bowed his head.

"Its been a pleasure working with you, Vice Admiral L/n."

°°°°°
Your heart stopped beating at that moment, a clouded memory filling your head as you stood to your feet to protest.

"Coby, don't play games with me, what are you talking about!?"

He smiles slightly at you,tears springing at the corner of his eyes.

"They're going to send me to another marine base to accompany a new Vice admiral."