Chapter 24

This is in third person because I wanted a change, so I hope it sounds alright...

Jessie woke up the next morning with a smile on her face, she felt Danny's heat radiating off him as he slept beside her.

She rolled over to face him and he's still fast asleep, she smiles and lifts her arms from under the covers. However, it's freezing and Jessie could still hear the rain hitting the window outside. The power was still out and Jessie was shaking with coldness. She wrapped the blankets around her tighter and cuddled up to Danny, not bothered about them both being completely naked.

"Jess?" Danny asks, still half asleep.

"Morning babe" Jessie whispered gently kissing his neck. He lets out a sigh of relief.

"I thought it was a really good dream" He replied looking down at the girl he had always been in love with. Danny knew that even when he was with Irma, he always felt something between him and Jessie. It was something that he never felt when he was with his ex.

"It's cold" Jessie says breaking Danny from his thoughts.

"Yeah, the power must still be out" He states, "are you hungry?" Jessie nods in response but remains cuddling him.

"It's too cold to get up" She wines.

"Poor Jess" Danny coos, "well you'll be in here alone then 'cause I want some food!" He laughed jumping out of bed and pulling his boxers on. "Sh*t! These are freezing!!" He shouted.

"I told you" Jessie replied and reached for her own to warm up for a few minutes before she put them on.Danny made his way downstairs and Jessie jumped out of bed and ran into her own room. She pulled on some leggings and a jumper with some fluffy socks and headed out to the hallway.

Danny was already making a racket downstairs so she made her way down.

"I completely forgot this was gas powered" Danny says, playing with the dial on the stove and a little blue flame appears. He places the kettle down on it, "we can have a warm drink" he smiled.

The next few hours they spent cuddling, kissing and joking. Making up for the time they had missed.

Danny found a bag of marshmallows which we must have bought one day and forgot about them. The cell by date was still far away so they were good to eat. They both began roasting them.

Danny started screaming as his caught on fire and he started waving it around in the air. It then flew off and into the fire.

Jessie giggles at his sad, pouting face as he looks at the remains of his marshmallow burning in the fire.

"Here, Dan" Jessie says, offering him her perfectly golden marshmallow.

"Yay!" He shouts like a 5 year old who just got a toy. He gently takes it and bites into it as Jessie adjusts the blanket that is covering their intertwined legs. He gives her the last bite and she takes it knowing he'll make her have it anyway.

Once they had finished, Danny slided closer over to Jessie and wraps his arms around her, kissing her forehead softly, they both fell off into a content slumber.

-----------------

Jessie's POV.

I woke up and realised I was getting cold.

I sat up and saw the fire had burnt out and Danny has rolled away from me, taking the blankets with him and they're wrapped all around him.

"Dan!" I whine, pulling the blanket from him. He groans and rolls away, "Babe, i'm cold!"

"Go warm up then" He mumbles, I sigh and crawl over to him.

"Dan..." I whisper, nipping at his earlobe, "I'm cold"

"Jess?" he rolls onto his back so he's now facing up at me.

I smile down at him.

"I'm cold" he scrowled at me.

"Well maybe if you didn't roll aay from me,you wouldn't have to deal with this" I say and slided back over to him, he loosened the blankets from around him so they covered me too.

"Well it's alright now" He says and I buried my head in his neck. His arms wrapped around me.

"Dan?" I say after a few moments of silence.

"Hm?" He asks and I turn my head on his chest so I'm looking up at his face.

"How come, before, you didn't tell me?" I ask

"Tell you what?" He asked and his brow furrowing slightly in confusion.

"When I couldn't remember you, why didn't you tell me?" I ask and brush mis hair from his face.

"Because," he pauses looking for the right workds to say, "I wanted to make sure you loved me for me alone and not because I told you that we were together. And then you started remembering things about the lads and everything else but nothing about me!" He says, shaking.

"Sssh, calm down, it's okay! And you know what? If you had told me, you would have gotten a massive kiss because that night I kissed you-"

"You remember that?!" He gasped, slightly blushing, "Sorry, continue..."

"Since then, I realised that I did love you. Although, I should have realised that before with all the sex dreams and that" Sh*t! I thought to myself, did I really just let that slip out?!

"You had sex dreams about me?" He gasped and sat up straight so he was facing me as I was leaning against the sofa.

I nod and felt myself blushing and I bit my lip, "You know what's funny, they were actually memories but I just didn't realise" I chuckle.

"Even with amnesia, you still wanted some of me!" He motions his hands towards his body.

"Get over yourself" I laugh and playfully slap his chest.

"Shut up. Now that night you kissed me, did you just remember that or?..."

"Oh I knew the whole time because I wasn't actually drunk, I spilled almost half the bottle onto myself" I say and Danny covers his face with his hands, "and I didn't confront you about it the morning after because I remembered you rejecting me and I didn't dare face you about it" I add, sheepishly.

Danny's lips brush over mine slightly and he pulled back, smiling.

"What time is-" I was cut off by a load crack of thunder making me jump.

I quickly jump into his arms and he gives me a soft kiss after each crack of thunder to calm me down. For some strange reason, the thunder was scaring me much more than it usually does.

"It's just thunder, Jess, calm down" He presses his lips to my forehead, leaving them there to linger, "You'll be fine, i'm right here with you and I won't ever let anything happen to you" He says, his lips still against my forehead.

"Don't let me go" I whispered

"Never Jess, I couldn't live without my beautiful girlfriend...I love you" He says as his arms tighten more around me.

"I love you too"

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Hey! I'm going to add more chapters than I thought! Yayyy :-)