Part of the coven (Kai Parker) Prologue

The car journey with Jo and her father was one of the longest of my life.

As we drove away from my family home to theirs I couldn't help but tell myself in my head how I was never going to see them again.

We pulled into their drive and got out of the car. I had met some of Jo's younger siblings before but not her twin.

I was going to be sharing a room with Jo. Once we got to her room I began to unpack my stuff and be grateful that Jo's family took me in.

Once I was all unpacked we went downstairs an early dinner. We all sat at the table, me next to Jo and opposite her twin. I hadn't had the chance to speak to him yet but I couldn't help glancing up at him every couple of minutes only to find him doing the same.

After dinner me and Jo decided to watch movies on the couch. That was when Kai decided to introduce himself. Sitting down on the sofa he says 'hey I'm Kai.'

'Seriously Kai why are you so annoying.' Jo says. 'Oh you know you love me Jo.' Kai says smugly.

'Why don't you go bother some of our other siblings Kai.' Jo says fed up.

'Because I still haven't met you friend and our new housemate yet.'

'Kai this is Y/N, Y/N this is Kai. Now leave Kai.'  Jo says finally giving up.

'Fine. It was nice to meet you Y/N.' Kai says getting up and walking off.

'I'm so sorry about him Y/N.' Jo says her voice apologetic.

'It's fine Jo. Honestly you don't have to apologise I was going to meet him sometime.' I say with a touch of humor in my voice.

I hope I would enjoy living with Jo