10- a fixing storm

Monday they decided to head back to the city, leaving around 2 p.m. The weekend had been from boring to explosive, passing everything in between.  No one had really talked to each other describing what had happened this weekend. Arriving back to their respectable houses at 5 p.m., everyone decided that they would see each other the following day at school. Tuesday morning approached fast, finally arriving. Like every morning, everyone met up and divided into the two groups, few words were exchange before classes, being afraid of saying the wrong thing. The week was impressively boring for every one, same awkward talks to each other in the morning, classes were as boring as usual and after school was a little different tho. Skye and Lincoln had tried to study after school, without actually ever learning anything, being distracted and all. Hunter and Bobbi passing most their time after school in detention trying to avoid each other as much as possible, trying not to fight or do something else, which brought up some questions from Izzy and Idaho, whom have both been hangning out more and more with the pair. FitzSimmons had been invited to speak at a conference in a few weeks, which was a huge honor for high school students, but still didn't help the situation as neither of them had talked about their weekend together. Everyone could see that Hunter and Simmons had been more and more nervous all week, but no one actually asked the question. Friday night came, finally the final bell announcing the once again weekend rang. Outside was a huge storm which was so strong trees were falling in it's path. It was raining really hard, with lightning and strong winds. Lincoln had decided to spend the weekend at Skye's house since her parents were out on a romantic weekend get away. The storm had planned to stay over the town all wenkend long, or at least that's what the meteorologist said. Which meant that both Bobbi and Fitz were left alone. His parents weren't much in the picture either. Hunter and Simmons had driven home taking as many detours and driving as slow as possible, still being careful on the road. They knew that as soon as they would set foot in their house, hell would take over. They arrived about 45 minutes later, alredy having a discouraged look on their face, not even stepping inside yet, only seeing the foreign car in the drive way. They knew that their parents were home. Nothing really went well when all of them were trapped in a house, and now that the storm was heading into it's worst so far, nothing seemed to show that something good was going to come out of this night. They both passed the door, dropping their bags on the couch, walking straight towards their bedrooms, trying to avoid the their parents. But just before they both could take on the last step, they heard "Kids! Get down here."

SIMMONS' P.O.V.
"The beautiful voice of our father beloved" I Sarcastically said S under my breath. At first, i didn't think anyone heard it, but Hunter did, which caused him to laugh a little. But our fahter also got wind of it, without making out what i said. We both reluctantly and slowly turned around. Father asked me "What was that Jemma?" "Nothing father." "I thought so. Now both you children come sit at the table and don't dare talk back to neither of us." We both nodded, scared that if we said something, they could find our bodies on the beach tomorrow morning, which was a real out come in our lives. The more the years had past, the worst it has gotten. The beating's on Hunter were becoming more and more visible, which is one of the reason we moved, and the verbal beatings on me had been pulling me further and further from happiness. He never had actually hit me but there were a few close calls. Mother had never done anything to help us, she knew everything, but she never help, she didn't even let me take Hunter to the emergency room when father broke Hunter's jaw and a few ribs, Hunter couldn't even walk straight for the next 4 days. We knew something was wrong, mother didn't even look at us, she was too 'concentrated' on washing the dishes. Father didn't even want to wait until he started yelling at us. We haven't seen either of them in over two months and yet here they are pretending that we ow them everything we have. He yelled at little at Hunter for the usual, and we could litterlly smell the alcohol from his breath. He yelled at Hunter about the usual, girls and grades. All this did was remind me of the night my Father drove me over the edge.
~Flashback~
It was around 3 months after my father had first hit my brother, it was happening more and more often, but Hunter had told me to not say anything. We both knew that our parents were home and had made plans to stay else where during the night. I had forgotten one of my books in my bedroom and i really needed it. Hunter had warned me about going back there past 8 p.m. but i just ignored him and went any ways. I drove there in my car, parking two streets away so my father wouldn't know i was there. It was 9 p.m. and i noticed that my mom wasn't there, basically i was alone with him, much to my hatred. I tried being as silent as possible but it didn't work. He grabbed my arm, hard, before i could even reach the stairs. He turned me around and pushed me into the kitchen. I stopped when my back met the counter. I was used to being pushed around by now, it was becoming one of his habbits. He came closer and started yelling at me. I had spotted the scotch bottle earlier on the table, so i knew this was gonna be bad. He started mentioning my falling grades that have been fastly dropping from an A+ average to an A-. At some point i started tuning him out the best i could, though it wasn't the easy-est to do due to all of the insultes he was throwing at me, i really regretted not listening to Hunter at that moments. I was almost fully in my transe, but before i could completly disapeer in another world, my father said "You little whore, your no better than your mother using yourself just to get only what man can have, you probably can't even tie your shoes on your own!" And at that i snapped, i ran passed him, faster than i ever did, went up to my room, picked the shortest dress i could find, and ran downstairs as fast as anyone could. After passing the door and hearing a few more insults from my father, i ran to my car two streets away. I got in and looked at myself in my reer view mirror, i hadn't even noticed i was crying. I quickly removed the tears from my eyes and decided to change in the back seat. Afterwards i drove to the badest part of town, the one with highest crime rates in a 50 miles radius. My brother had told me he was going at a party to that part of town, and considering i needed to forget everything that had happened, i found the party. I stepped inside and not long after i had a drink in my hands. I woke up the next morning in a strange car, not really remembering anything from last night past my tenth beer.
~End of Flashback~
He kept yelling a little bit longer at Hunter, i heard him say "And school, what kind of incompetant can't even stay the hell out of detention." And with that i snapped, i had never been able to protect my brother, but hell be damned if i was letting my father ruining all the progress Hunter had did since we moved out here. "How dare you say that him, he's better since both of you left us alone again." I didn't think through what i was say, i just came out in a blur. My father turned to face me and said "What did you just say you little slut, you do not talk back to your parents that way!" "Then it's a good thing your not father!" I yelled back at him, not realising that what i was saying could very well get me killed. Before i could register what he was doing he raised his hands and slapped me across the face. I stumbled to the ground, falling backwards flat on my back, holding my left cheek. It didn't even take a second before i heard something crack, i had originally thaught it was Hunter's jaw that had produced the sound, but i re-opened my eyes and found that my father was holding his own jaw. I was slowly getting back up shooting a look at my mother, she had a terrified look inside her eyes, but she was frozen in a corner of the kitchen, which told me that it was just us against father dearest. Father quickly recovered from Hunter's blow to the face and through his fist at him, i saw my brother flying through the room, finally stopping when his back met the pavement. I took the opportunity to trip my father before he had taken a second step. He fell hard on the ground, Hunter was still on the ground, doing his best to get up, my mom was just frozen out of fear, from us or father, we'll never know. Father got back on his feets in no time, he grabbed my arm, slamming it against the table, i heard a 'crack' and i was pretty sure it broke, but i had too much adrenaline bottled up inside to stop. I saw father form a fist with his hand and raising it in the air, but before he could hit me, Hunter grabbed his arm, turn him around and pushed him sending him to the ground. Father got up, again, how the hell is he doing it, anyways, he got up, but before completly regaining his balance Hunter threw his foot in his ribs. Father leaned against the counter to stay up. His hand quickly found something sharp, so he grabbed it without thinking, and pointed it at us, Hunter quickly placed himself in front of me protectively.  I circled the living room and went behind father. He was trying his best to stab Hunter, but the amount of alcohol wasn't helping. Trying to escape a hit, Hunter moved his body to the right, only to receive a kick in the ribs, sending him to the ground. Father threw himself at my brother, it only took half a second until i saw the knife pierce the skin of Hunter's abdomen, i heard him let out a silent yell that broke my heart. At that moment i decided that my father wasn't my father, he was someone hurting my family and i was going to do what ever i needed to protect it, even if that meant killing my own flesh and blood. I grabbed the scotch bottle that M. Hunter left on the table earlier, i got closer to him, just as he was getting back up from stabbing my brother, but before he was completly on balance, i swung the bottle on his head, explodind in a million little pieces of glass every where. I saw him go down, and on his way down, his head hit the corner of the counter, i'm pretty sure that the neighbours could hear the horrifying sound it made, thesound of a fractured scull. I didn't look twice at that monster before quickly moving over to my brother. I grabbed a towel from the kitchen and applied pressure on Hunter's wound, he was still conscious and i asked "Hey can you stay awake for me please? I can't loose you." He nodded. I wrapped my arm under his shoulders and helped him to his feets. He was loosing blood, but not to an alarming amout, so far. We made it to the front door, i opened it the best i could, the storm out side was still taking it's rage out on us, just before i could close the door i turned around to look at the unconscious body of our old father, my mom was finally moving kneeling next to him, she saw me looking and yelled over the loud sound of the storm "Get out and don't ever come back you killer!!!" I had never been as hurt as that moment, but i pushed it down, realising that my only family was my grand-mother and the bleeding boy in my arms. Honestly, if we haven't met the group were proud to call friends, i probably wouldn't even been able to find the strenght to do everything i did, i probably wouldn't even know where to go. But now, i knew exacly who to go to. When we reached my car, we were both soaking wet. I could see him slowly drifting away, i shook him at little and he woke up. I told him "Keep pressure on your wound." I could see pain flash through his eyes but he must been used to it since it disapeered not long after it appeared. I knew mu options, for him Bobbi and for me Fitz, honestly seeing his face is the only thing keeping me from falling apart. The storm made everything black outside out of the distance of the head lights. It was storming like a bitch, which is a term i don't use often. I knew Hunter would need more help than i do right now, if he wanted to keep breathing. And so i drove to Bobbi's, i had overheard Lincoln say that he was staying over at Skye's this weekend, so i'm guessing it's just her. A couple meters away from her drive way, a tree had fallen over the streets which meant i couldn't reach the house. I knew what do to, but i didn't like the idea of leaving him alone, but still i told him "Hey Hunter stay awake please, i'll be back real soon okay." He said a soft "Okay." At this point i miss him talking my head off with anything and everything. I checked his wound once more, i was getting worst and the seat was practically soaking in blood and water. I made quick work of my seat belt and exited the car. Before leaving, i didn't even have my mind on grabbing our coats before heading out, as a result, i was running through the streets in a white blouse and a black pair of jeans, with blood dripping over various parts of my body. I reached her doors after a short time, knocking as hard as i could, hopping to god she didn't think i was a robber or something. She answered meerly seconds later, looking sleepy and annoyed, but in her defense, it was neerly ten p.m. She slowly opened the door, while doing the same with her eyes, saying "Simmons what the hell it's... Oh my god what happened, are you okay?" Concern written all over her face. "There's no time for that, i need your help, come on, Hunter's in my car." It didn't even take her half a second after i said my brother's name that her shoes were on, she had passed the door, closely following me from behing. I honestly didn't know what her reaction would be, but to react this fast was a suprise. In no time we were back to my car. I opened the passenger door and looked at her face for the immenant reaction. All i saw spread across her face was sadness, but it disapeered quickly. She asked "What happened?" "There's no time for that, now help me get him inside your house." The car seat was soaked in blood and water was dripping from the three of us. She helped me get him up, as he was battling unconsciousness. We picked him up, and started to walk as quick as i could to her house. It didn't take her long to ask "Why bring him here, Lincoln's not home." "I know, but i, we, can all see the looks you both share, it's not something light." "But still..." I cut her off. "Look, i know this is not a good time to push it, but even if you guys aren't ready to admit it to yourselves, we all know your falling for each other, and even if i've always been the only one to protect him, i can see you would do the same for him, so as much i don't like leaving him, i'm trusting you with the only family i have left." We carried him through the doors when ahe said "Your not staying?" "I can't, i just... need to see someone else." "Fitz." Is all she said. I nodded. We carefully laid him on the couch and i went flying for the door. I turned around one last time and i heard her said "He'll be fine, i promess, now go." And with that i ran back to me car, completly soaked, but i couldn't have cared less about that. The only thing that was on my mind was Fitz, i couldn't explain, i just needed to see him. When my father's hand connected with my face and i went down, all i could think about was hopping to see my friends, him, one last time. I drove as fast as i could in this bloody storm, reaching his house minutes later. The whole car ride was filled with my brain battleling out wether i should tell him that i am completly in love with him. Just thinking about telling him made me nervous, but also kind of happy. At the point where i walked up the stairs to his front door, i was still bleeding, and still hadn't gathered the courage to tell him, but i wasn't disencouraged either. I walked up and knock, my brain still knee deep in the debate. When he answered, all i could see was one of the best man i have ever met, i knew i couldn't just bring my hell into his life. So when he said "Jemma...?" I couldn't just stand there and before i knew i told him "I'm sorry, i just can't do this." I turned around, tears threatning to fall, as i ran back to my car. I put my hands on the handle, but before i could open it, a pair of hands pushed it back closed and turned me around. Fitz was just standing there looking at me, just his eyes on mine, like he could read me. I tried to look down, but he put both of his hands on the side of my face, lifting it back up. I said "I can't do this to you, i can't bring you into this." He quickly saw the blood running on my forhead and wiped it off, not asking any questions, "Jemma, you can tell me anything." He told me. "No, not this i'm sorry, i just can't..." "I care about you, nothing would scare me away from you." He said cutting me off. "That's the problem Fitz, the things i did before i came here would drive you away, just like it did to everyone else." "Look at me." He said, tilting my head up. "Nothing can scare me away from you, okay, i care too much." "That's the thing Fitz, i don't just care about you, i love you!" I yelled over the storm, without exacly realising the words i said. Only after hearing them, i known i shouldn't even think it. I tried escaping turning around to open my car door. By now i was completly soaked, from my head to my toes, but somehow, this wasn't the worst part. The storm had added thunder to it's never ending list of scary things it can do. Every thing around me was getting louder and louder, slowly scaring me. I turned around trying to open the door. But somehow it one again closed before my eyes, and the next thing i felt was Fitz turning me around and pushing me against the car, pining me on it with his whole body. He stared at my eyes like he could somehow see into my soul. Even though i was soaked, i never felt more heat in the pitt of my stomach. It only took him a few seconds, eternally long seconds, before his hands were on each side of my face once again pulling me closer to him and not long after, his lips were on mine begging for entrance, which i granted almost immediatly. His tongue was visiting corner's of my mouth i didn't even know existed before he found them, like i was the lock and he had the key. He pulled back saying "I love you too." We were both smiling like idiots, but neither of us cared, at all. He kissed me again, but this time it was even more passionate than the last time, because it was apparently possible. I hooked my hands around his neck, while he put his on my waist. He suddently moved his lips from mine, to my jaw then my shoulder, quickly finding the spot i never even knew i had, which made me throw my head back, giving him more access. After what felt like the best thing ever, even though my lips were missing the taste of his, he went back up, meeting his lips with mine once again. In no time, one of my legs was wrapped around his waist. He pulled his hands under my thights, brigning both my legs to wrapped around his waist. My back was still to the car, while the pouring rain was still going at it strong over us. I don't know how, but we managed our way to his front door. He passed it, kicking it close, as he was still holding me. He backed me once again, against the door this time, we made quick work of both our shirts, as they flew somewhere in the room. We were slowly making our way downstairs to his room, taking off our shoes in the process. Finally, we reached his room, as the door was opened. He quickly closed it with his foot. Then his gently dropped me on the bed, our lips hardly parting until the point where he asked "Are you sure you want to do this." I only nodded, knowing i wouldn't want to be any where else in the universe. We were both just smilimg the biggest smiles, before he kissed me again. That night was the first night in long time if not forever, where i didn't find myself scared or fearing the next day, all i knew is that i was loved and i loved and that's all that mattered at that point.

BOBBI'S P.O.V.
The storm outside was going hard, amd i didn't even want to step outside. But when Simmons came knocking with that look on her face, and the way she had said his name with such worry, i didn't even know what i was doing until i brought him back into the house. I understood that Simmons had to go see Fitz and all, it's not like they were being, at all, but what had picked my interest is how she said that me and Hunter were falling for each other, i couldn't think of him like that, i mean i don't, do i? Before i could answer my own question, i heard a quiet growl from his part, which honestly remimded me he was there. I went to the kitchen grabbing the medical kit, i knew i couldn't take him to the hospital, Simmons had shot me a text earlier saying so, as she also said so much, like we might be in live with each other, and to not freak out when i lift his shirt up, because it was apparently inevitable. I came back with towels and the medical kit, hearing him breath, which was a releaf. I had been doing pretty good in my biologie class, so i had enough knowledge to know that the knife hadn't hit anything important organs and i could take it out. I thaught he was unconscious, so i just pulled it out without too much of a second thaught, but he wasn't and he silently yelled, but it was enough to shatter my heart. "Ow!!! Bloody hell Bob, be careful next time." "Sorry." I said while trying to plaster an innocent smile on my lips. After a while, i noticed i was lost in his eyes, i just shook it off and grabbed the first aid kit. Starting out at the biggest wounds, i asked him "What happened Hunter?" "I don't think you'll ever talk to me if i tell you." "Come on, you won't get rid of me that easily." "Fine but promess me 3 things first." "Okay." "First, you cannot tell anyone, second, you can't ever bring me to a hospital and last you cannot call the cops." "Hunter your starting to scare me." "And i should, but okay here it is. My father has a stressful job and ever since i was a kid, he would drink to compensate, until one night it wasn't enough, so he started hitting me. Later it started to take a toll on my sister, we both lost ourselves, which is one of the reason we moved. When it started, we would both just go hide at my grandmother's, but when my father found out, he kicked her out of our lives. And then tonight, it was their first tome back at the house, and my father started yelling at me, Simmons was next to me, and for some unknown reason she talked back, so he slapped her, and i couldn't just let him advantage of her that way, so i fought back too. At some point, father broke Simmons' hand or so i think, then he grabbed a knife and stabbed me, next thing i knew, my sister threw a bottle at his head and he went down hard. I can still hear the sound of his scull crack as it met the counter." He turned his head to look at me, and when he did,  he found a blank expression in my eyes. He got up, painfully from the couch and said "See, this is why i never told anyone, now your afraid of me." He headed for the door before hearing me say "Hunter wait, i'm not afraid of you, i just can't believe any one would do that to both of you." He had stopped to listen to me, but had started walking again, out the door, into the raging storm outside. I didn't even think it over before following him. I caught up to him aroung the front of our garage. I stopped him, by placing myself in front. I said "Listen to me, i'm not afraid okay. If anything, i just like you even more, it makes you stronger." Trying to speak louder than the thunders. He answered "I can't drag into this, you could die." "I won't, i'm not leaving, not now, not then, not ever, looks like your stuck with me for a while." I said trying to lighten the mood. But he just turned around and stsrted walking away, again. I didn't to let him go, but what choice did i have. I turned myself around, but before i could even take my second step, he spun my around so that my back hit the garage door. He looked at me hesitantly for a second, then it disapeered, being replaced with his lips on mine. I didn't even think about it before i was kissing back. He stopped us before anything too far could have happened, and honestly, if he didn't, i don't know what would of. "He muttered "I can't do this to you." "How about this, were just friends, and maybe we give it a chance once both of us are ready, but for now, we tell each other everything, but we try to not touch each other, sounds good?" He nodded and i added "How about we go back in, light some candles, fix those injuries and read a book." And once again he nodded, and for the rest of the night we did exacly what we said, patched him up and then we read a book, since it had turned out we would be in a black out until at least tomorrow morning.